Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Aruba Rookies

Drink recommendations are always welcome too !! I see that Aruba brews their own beer "Balashi". How is it ? What is it comparable too here in the states ?

Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

Balashi is Balashi It's good, it's a local pilsner beer. I like the Balashi Chill, it's a little lighter, but I'm not a big beer drinker.

Top 5 restaurants:
    Madame Janette
    Chalet Suisse
    West Deck
    Barney's
    Texas de Brazil

Enjoy your trip & happy anniversary!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My very favorite restaurant in Aruba is Barefoot. I love sitting in the sand, right next to the water, watching the sunset. If I were there for my anniversary, that is the restaurant that I would choose. Our other favorites are Chalet Suisse, Pinchos (also great views on a dock over the water), Ricardos, and Azzurro. There are so many great restaurants in Aruba, and we all have our favorites.

Welcome to the forum. After 32 trips to the island, here are my recommendations. First... you might look at renting a car for the entire trip. I use Top Drive. You could ask them to put together a car rental package that includes a small car for the 2 of you for 7 days and a jeep for 3 days. The jeep will give you the ability to explore the other side of the island. I find the cost of one of their small cars to be such a good deal that it will give you the flexibility to come and go as you please. Plus... if I made my wife take the public transportation on Aruba for our 25th anniversary, I might not see a 26th. Also, taxis aren't readily available at Oceania. I'm guessing the guys at the security gate could call one but it might be a long wait for one as they aren't just lined up outside like they are at the high rise hotels.

Make sure you go and visit Palm Beach for a bit just to see the difference between Eagle and Palm. A good parking spot might be the Ritz parking lot or just past and go into the water in front of the Ritz. I find it to be the best water on all of Palm Beach. That day I would make it a point to go to Scott's Brats for lunch. They are located just in from of the Playa Linda hotel. So from the Ritz, it will be the 6th hotel (with the 5th being the Holiday Inn - which is a very long hotel spread out over multiple towers) walking down from the Ritz with the Ritz being the 1st hotel. Grab a brat and a vodka/lemonade and enjoy. Then you can hit Arashi Beach just down from the lighthouse. Be smart when visiting beaches not to leave anything in the car within sight. Better safe than sorry.

Here are my top 5 restaurants that when I go to Aruba I never miss.

1. Madame Janettes - ask for a table close to the music. Tell them you are celebrating your 25th anniversary.
    2. The Restaurant at Tierra del Sol - ask for a table on the veranda. This restaurant is in the gate golf community of Tierra del Sol overlooking the golf course, lighthouse and both sides of water on the island. The manager is Jorge and he is fantastic. Tell him ArubaMark from Texas sent you.
    3. Yemanja Woodfire Grill - Fantastic restaurant in downtown Oranjestad. It is behind the Renaissance hotel. Parking can be a bit of a challenge so you might want to go during the week instead of on the weekend.
    4. Passions on the Beach - here is a restaurant that you can walk to from Oceania. It is just in front of Amsterdam Manor. Make sure you ask for reservations a bit before sunset so you can take a few pictures.
    5. Casa Tua - for a causal night, I love pizza from Casa Tua. We go to the location at Palm Beach just down from the Hyatt. Love their sangria and thin crust pizza and their spicy olive oil that we put on the pizza.

Hope you enjoy. We'll be there for trip 33 in October. Have a great time!

Ones that we are thinking of trying in October by the way are Amuse Sunset Restaurant and Wilhelmina. We also like White Modern Cuisine and are looking forward to seeing their new location.

Thanks so much Aruba-Mark for the great info, and all of you for the other wonderful recommendations ! Obviously more places than we can visit in this first trip, so guess we'll just have to book another !!

That's what I was trying to say. Re-read my post on page 1.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Dinner:
    Papiamento - Table around the pool
    Madame Jeanette - Table near the music
    Wilhelmina
    El Gaucho - great place for a steak
    Anna Maria's - On the patio in back of the owners house

Lunch:
    Scotts Brats
    Zeerovers
    Mombas
    Pizza Bob's

Breakfast:
    Linda's
    Diane's

Enjoy!

Passions...or Barefoot for our Anniversary dinner ?? Decisions, decisions....

Aruba since 1979
    i prefer NOT to be on the sand, so if it were my anniversary dinner......"Barefoot"
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffsterTRD View Post
    Passions...or Barefoot for our Anniversary dinner ?? Decisions, decisions....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast