Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Aruba Rookies

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsterTRD View Post
    Passions...or Barefoot for our Anniversary dinner ?? Decisions, decisions....
    I really enjoyed Barefoot, and it would probably be my choice. We do like to be in the sand so that was our choice, but they do have the option of a deck area as Andrea mentioned. Barefoot menu seemed to have more choices that appealed to both of us and the daily special was a great price for really fresh and tasty seafood. I recommend checking the menus for both.

Passions has a beautiful setting on the beach, tables weren't too close together. Tiki torches really add to the ambiance. I definitely think Passions is more romantic. At Barefoot it was more relaxed, kids playing on the beach, laid back area, but with more comfortable chairs and nice candles on the tables as the sun goes down. Passions has the plastic patio chairs with nice chair covers over them like you see at weddings, but maneuvering them around in the sand with the chair covers, it was slightly annoying. (Disclaimer - I hate chair covers in general).

I don't think you can really go wrong with either, google some pictures and check out the menus on their websites to get your own ideas of what to expect.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Barefoot is our favorite, and you can be in the sand or not!

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Ok.. how about a few words in Papiamento?

Bon dia (good morning/day)
    Bon tardi (good afternoon/evening)
    Bon nochi (said after the sun has gone down - good night)

Put the word "pasa" before any of these sayings and you are saying "have a good ....

Ayo (pronounced I-O) is good bye.

Danki - Thanks Masha Danki, Thank you very much

Dushi - Sweetie, but can mean also mean "really good" as in ("sweet")... so if you really liked your meal... and the staff asked how it was you say "hopi dushi"... (very sweet!)...

Oh and for REALLY good local food.. try Pica's Cafe, in the strip mall NEXT to Wacky Wahoo's ... VERY good prices and AMAZING food!
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/our-island/language
    for more Papiamento, check out above link.

Danki

Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    Ok.. how about a few words in Papiamento?

Bon dia (good morning/day)
    Bon tardi (good afternoon/evening)
    Bon nochi (said after the sun has gone down - good night)

Put the word "pasa" before any of these sayings and you are saying "have a good ....

Ayo (pronounced I-O) is good bye.

Danki - Thanks Masha Danki, Thank you very much

Dushi - Sweetie, but can mean also mean "really good" as in ("sweet")... so if you really liked your meal... and the staff asked how it was you say "hopi dushi"... (very sweet!)...

Oh and for REALLY good local food.. try Pica's Cafe, in the strip mall NEXT to Wacky Wahoo's ... VERY good prices and AMAZING food!

Taco Bell

We enjoy Taco Bell down at the high rises.

Hi All, what a fantastic forum you have going on here !

As the title states, my wife and I are Aruba Rookies and we'll be making our first trip in just over 2 weeks. We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary in September, so what a place to go and celebrate together ! We will be staying in a condo at Oceania, as we chose to stay in the low rise area. Been there/done that in other high rise/AI resorts in other areas. Looking forward to being there during the off season, hoping to be able to enjoy all there is to see & do with less crowds. Here's what I've learned for all the great threads...

- Take a taxi from the airport to Oceania, Our passports have the chip, we have already completed/printed our Customs ED cards, there's a Super Foods close to our condo for buying breakfast/lunch/beverages for our condo, there's no safe in our room so we purchased a lockable tote bag to secure our valuables, the tap water is just as good as bottled water, bring sunscreen & DEET bug spray , there's nothing like Aruba trade winds blowing through your hair, rent a car/Jeep for a couple days to tour the island (too much to do in 1 day), buses/taxis should be sufficient for most other daily adventures, most places take US$ credit/debit cards but nice to have cash as well, budget $200-250 for daily meals/drinks, lots of beautiful beaches to relax on, and too many adventure options to list.

One of the biggest things we're looking forward to is eating !! I've read so many reviews for all the great restaurants. Only issue is that we are only there for 10 nights and the "must visit" list is longer than that. SO, we would gladly love to read your "Top 5" list if you feel like sharing.

The official countdown is at 19 days...the excitement is building every day.

If there's any other tips/suggestions/info you'd like to share, we would surely appreciate it.

We'll see your beautiful island soon....

Jeff & Beth

This may be a silly question, but are there any restaurants that require long pants ? I wasn't planning on bringing any !

Aruba is casual. I have never packed long slacks for my husband and in all likelihood he just wouldn't where them because of the heat. The only spot where I can recall seeing a dress code requiring long pants was at the Riu. We've dined at Madame Jannete, Wilhemenia and Carte Blanche and he never felt underdressed in nice shorts and a collared shirt.

This may be a silly question, but are there any restaurants that require long pants ? I wasn't planning on bringing any !
    I've seen people wearing shorts in every restaurant we've ever been to in Aruba including 2Fools, Carte Blanche, Tierra Del Sol, Wilhelmina, Kitchen Table etc.

That being said, we always have linen pants for "event dining". Just a personal preference.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234