Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Aruba...South of the hurricane belt

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    It was actually the main reason why we chose to visit Aruba. We had gotten stuck in the Mayan Riviera on our honeymoon during hurricane Ivan. Witnessing what went one during that time made me decide that I never wanted to be in that situation again. However, I had always had Aruba on my list of islands to visit. I'm so glad we decided to visit. Been coming every year since 2011!
    Aruba Trip #7.....March 2017..

Living in the Southern Caribbean( Trinidad and Tobago) I've experienced Hurricane Watches and Alerts, only to see them veer off and wind up experiencing a long sleepless night punctuated by lots of heavy rainfall. I used to like rainy days, but after experiencing being flooded out both at my family's former business and at home, and managing to get out of Port of Spain before a heavy downpour turned the city into a second Atlantis. Rainy days make me somewhat nervous now. Which is why I love the fact that with Aruba being outside of the hurricane belt, even if you wake up one morning to a dark sky which looks like it may pour rain all day, it tends not to last for too long and clears up by 10 am.

everywhere and anywhere
    Was not one of the reasons we chose Aruba, but it just happens to be one of the great reasons we love Aruba !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123