Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By GETA62
  • 2 Post By __steve__
  • 1 Post By schexc

Thread: Aruba Tourism may be bursting at the seams

Aruba since 1979

Aruba Tourism may be bursting at the seams

Due to the hurricane severely damaging the Virgin Islands, St Maarten and other Caribbean islands, we can be almost certain that the folks that normally visit those islands for land based vacations AND cruise stop overs, will give Aruba a try as a replacement.

If you have not made your Fall/Winter or Spring reservations for Aruba, now may be the time to do it.

This is true.

Email received from Bookit.com

Update on Hurricane Irma’s Caribbean Impact:

While our hearts go out to all those affected by Hurricane Irma, we are happy to report that our most popular destinations were either completely unaffected or minimally so. Here’s how our top destinations weathered the storm.

Dominican Republic: All Clear - Punta Cana is the most popular destination in the Dominican Republic. The storm passed north of the Island and spared most of the resorts any serious damage. We are happy to report that all BookIt.com Guests and Employees in destination remained safe and comfortable, and all the resorts we feature are open and fully operational.

The Bahamas: All Clear - We received update from the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism yesterday morning that the airports, cruise ports, and major resorts are all returning to full operational status with very little damage to report. Most ports and resorts are open now or will be welcoming guests by Sept. 13.

Additional “all clear” destinations which were not affected by the path of the storm: Jamaica, Aruba, St. Lucia, Mexico (Cancun, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta).

Islands that received more significant damage include Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Antigua, Barbuda, and St. Martin.

Additionally, our Contact Centers have been working tirelessly to help our Guests through this period. And our Sales and Marketing Teams have continued to work with the resorts and airlines to bring you the absolute best deals, which can be particularly plentiful after a storm as you can see with this week’s deals below!

- The BookIt.com® Team

All hotels in St. Martin are cancelled all reservations and closed indefinitely.

The damaged islands however will soon need that tourism, and then some, because it is the basis of their economy.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I was just speaking about this with my boss today when she asked why I always go to Aruba. Anyway I am sure lots of people including honeymooners will be needing to rebook elsewhere, just hope it does not increase the price of the resorts in Aruba for next year. I would guess lots of new visitors to Aruba soon and we all know once you go to Aruba you most likely will return

We are supposed to go to St. Thomas in December for our anniversary, but I doubt that is going to happen since the resort did have quite a bit of damage from what we've heard, however; the resort, which is owned or managed by Wyndhym as provided no information on the website . We are in Aruba Jan.-March, but are supposed to go to St. Kitts over hubby's birthday in Feb. Marriott St. Kitts website says they are closed until they can evaluate the damage and infrastructure of the island. I hope we make it to St. Kitts because someone just rented our condo for the week we are supposed to go to St. Kitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Due to the hurricane severely damaging the Virgin Islands, St Maarten and other Caribbean islands, we can be almost certain that the folks that normally visit those islands for land based vacations AND cruise stop overs, will give Aruba a try as a replacement.

If you have not made your Fall/Winter or Spring reservations for Aruba, now may be the time to do it.
    We're already booked. Haven't decided for Fall of 2018. We might extend our stay that trip to a whole month...
    Last edited by schexc; 09-14-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We have our timeshare for March but already can't find airfares I want to pay.
    Next Aruba trip in