Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Aruba trip preparations, procrastination and obsessing.

Aruba since 1979

Aruba trip preparations, procrastination and obsessing.

I am a procrastinator. I am obsessive compulsive too with lists.
    Is it beacause the more i make a list, the more i think my list will "help me" get stuff
    accomplished?

So i have been sitting on my extra large bottom obsessing about all i have to do, just to get out the door and to
    the airport on Friday morning.

Today in a rush I
    printed the docs i need, ranging from parking reservation to interval confirmation to dog and cat care and
    fish care instructions. Printer ink all dried up so a run to staples was in order.

Also, had to cook chicken breasts for the dog, chop up and divide into 28 4 oz packets, now in the freezer.

Our toiletry bags are sitting on the dining room table waiting for the merger into one bag.

Some cooked meals.......stuffed cabbage, chicken w/ broccoli, pasta w/ asiago chicken sausage and sauce, stuffed scallops w/ baked potato, and 3 steamed maine lobster tails .....................all set, frozen in lock and lock and ready to be packed in the soft sided cooler on Friday morning.
    We'll be eating 5 meals IN. Maine lobster tails per dear son as birthday gift to hubby. Hope Paul shares.

Need a mani and pedi and that is at 1pm

Need to stop by my friend sherry's house to say hello.

Need to bathe the dog.
    Need to vacuum.
    Need to drain the hot tub.
    Have a riding lesson tomorrow at 7 am
    Need to pick up paul's bp medicine of which i may need a handful.

All the while Paul is planting over 100 amaryllis plants that need to get in the ground now!

When we head to our son's house in York, Maine, it seems much simpler, much less stressful.

And here i sit staring at this puter

Do any of you obsess and get crazed with Aruba plans? Even just a little?
    Please tell me how i can be a better planner.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I let Linda do that. She is a lot better at obsessing than I am. I simply buy the tickets, get the condos and rental car. Then do whatever she tells me. Its much simpler that way.

Aruba since 1979
    you are on the same wavelength as my husband.
    he is letting me think that planting the amaryllis is the "tough job"

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I let Linda do that. She is a lot better at obsessing than I am. I simply buy the tickets, get the condos and rental car. Then do whatever she tells me. Its much simpler that way.

I have a generic checklist on my IPad which I tweak each trip so by now it's pretty much complete. Then I create alerts on my iPhone for things that need to be done each day. A week before, the luggage comes out and I start ironing and hanging things up to be ready to pack. Mostly I obsess about the dog. We board her with the trainer who she loves but she'll never get as much attention as she does at home! We stay at the airport the night before so we can get off in a more relaxed manner the next day.

So, have a good trip Andrea and Paul!! I kind of wish we had booked to arrive earlier so that we could have caught up with you guys. Sounds like the BB group on Monday will be busy!!

My wife is the obsessive one. She's already mentally planning for our Jan/Feb trip. Right after Christmas, she's up in th attic getting the suitcases down, making lists, driving me crazy (this is her favorite part). The day before we leave, I pack and I'm ready to go. Although she's gotten better, she still takes too much clothing "just in case".

Aruba since 1979
    yes, the dog takes a lot of thought. i am glad to hear that your pup will be well cared for when you head to aruba.
    amazing, our creatures........we cannot live without them.........but if we could, it'd make travel a bit easier

Andrea, you're not much different than me. Reservations for timeshare, plane, rental car, tons of lists, things to do, menus to read, checking seat assignments... so much to take care of before take off without even considering things that have to be done around the house. If there is an easier way, I don't know what it is. My only trick is to start planning for the next trip before we leave the island on the current trip.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Andrea, you are no different than anyone else, especially because when you are going away more than a few days, you need more planning. Also, my husband just gets up, gets dressed, gets his contact stuff and waits for our ride. I'm the one who obsesses over having everything in order, the stuff I need to take to the condo, the clothes are washed and ready to be packed, then pack them, take care of the animals, leave my detailed instructions for my dear SD who is staying here the whole time we are gone (sort of payment to us for her wedding, lol). she laughs cause she's done this so many times but still the "list". so don't try to figure out a way to simplify, it is not feasible. have fun, we'll probably get there just when you come home. one of these times we'll be there the same time.

We keep all our Aruba staples in a Rubbermaid container in our office and, when it's time to go, we dump the Rubbermaid into a suitcase, throw in linen pants, shirts, underwear and off we go.

We find Aruba is A LOT easier than most destinations because of the relaxed dress code even at the higher-end restaurants.

But I do plan out restaurants months in advance.

Three more days and we're THERE!!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes, the dog takes a lot of thought. i am glad to hear that your pup will be well cared for when you head to aruba.
    amazing, our creatures........we cannot live without them.........but if we could, it'd make travel a bit easier
    Yes it is hard to trust the care of my 4 cats to someone else. we have one cat that is 23 1/2 years old. She has to take seizure medicine every day. We were concerned in June because my gd and her new husband were staying at our house for the first time. Turns out they did a great job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast