Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Red face An Aruba vacation can be VERY expensive ;-)

Just back from our second trip to Aruba. Went a year ago to attend friends wedding.
    First time we had 6 days out of which I skipped 3 to go to meeting in Miami, since I am not a Sun & Beach person, and was sure that this Aruba thing was not for me.
    Boy was I wrong. I regretted it so much that I promised the wife and kids that we would go again this winter, and make it a pure vacation trip.
    So we went in the middle of February. Back to Manchebo and everyone was happy. It is extra relaxing that we didn't have to drive around like crazy being tourists, since we saw most of the tourist sites last time.
    Already after the first day, I started looking at the property section in Aruba Today, and thought what the heck, instead of lying on the beach, I would just take a few trips to the Real Estate agents..Just for fun....
    Since I had more time on my hands than I have had in years on this trip, I totally researched everything about buying a property in Aruba (with a lot of good reads on this forum), I was in all areas of the Island, learned the pro and cons to each area, each property type was researched, all estate agents were visited, talked to locals and immigrants to Aruba, tax issues, cost issues etc ..... Still just for fun.....
    Quickly found out that If I was ever to buy a property here, it should be a Villa and it should be in the Esmeralda area, Best residential area, all new big villas, quiet, but with views of the Salina and the ocean, close to the beach and Tierra Del Sol....Fun to know, just for fun.....
    Well a holiday to Aruba is never cheap, but at least I had fun with the property research. Then it struck me... I couldn't imagine anywhere else on the planet where I would like to go on every vacation, and where both the kids, the wifes and my own needs were meet all at one place... Aruba would be the ideal place to spend away from the cold Swedish winters.
    Back to the wife to beg , back to the real estate agent and upps, I suddenly had bought a Villa with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, private pool, right on the Salina with views to the Ocean....... a few days into our vacation after only having been there one time before.
    So just a warning to those who havn't been here before...... Aruba will get under your skin. You will dream crazy dreams of returning again and again. About making it your home or at least 2nd home.
    So back to my headline. An Aruba vacation can be VERY expensive. This place is truely Paradise, and I sleep so well at night now, knowing I will be back every year, several times a year for as long as I want. Thanks Aruba, See you soon

Congratulations!!! We have had a place in Tierra del Sol for 14 years and then we just building a new home in Tierra del Sol. We just think it is great, but over time the vacation expenses do get amortized. It is great and do not regret anything. Glad you took the plunge!!!

Congratulations.

Congrats!
    When time permits don't forget post some pics of your new purchase...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for that nice story...once visited, always hooked !

Welcome to our island!!!

Happy to hear you bought a nice property in Aruba.
    Post some pictures of your palace in paradise!

Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pictures!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The Beach, the ocean, the sun, the breeze and something refreshing to sip!

Smile

Wow! That is pretty sweet. I'm lucky we can take the vacation let alone buy a property.
    Good for you and Best of Luck!

Congrats on your purchase. What a wonderful husband. Can't wait to see pics of your new palace.
    Michelle & Mike

Smile

Congratulations, I had the same "problem' last year, and bought a condo in Rooi Santo. Of cource we LOVE it. The more you go to the Island the more enchanting it becomes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast