Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

Aruba since 1979
    today june 8
    from www.stormcarib.com one of the contributor's writes:
    Dushi Aruba

Published: Wed, Jun 8 08:24 EDT
    >
    Hi,

While Saba had thunderstorm and lightning with heavy rains, our island Aruba is dry, hot and sticky.

It looks like this is gonna stay for a couple of days.

The humidity is high, 84% temperature about 32 degrC, but it feels like somewhere around the forties.

Here in Paradera almost no wind.

If you go to the beach don’t forget to use a very good sun block.

Roy

Anywhere I can feel the sun and the nice aruban breeze!
    I started a comparaison table and the wind in Aruba was stronger than it was here in Montreal for the last 2 days. Yesterday, at noon, according to the weather underground website, it was 7C warmer, the humidity level was 15% higher and the wind was 8 km/h stronger in Aruba compared to Montreal.
    Last edited by Missou; 06-08-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    It says on the weather report that it will be partly cloudy and windy all next week. Can we expect sunshine? Do the clouds usually stick around all day? We are getting there Saturday at 1.

Aruba since 1979
    When they talk about partly cloudy, there is SUN. lots of it.
    somewhat infrequently there is a forecast of plain old SUNNY.
    the meteorologists cover their butts probably by saying chance of showers...partly cloudy..
    cloudy...

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Whew! Well that makes me feel good. Partly Cloudy could mean anything, you're right. I don't get their lingo. if there is 1 little puff in the sky they can say "oh see partly cloudy!" haha!

thanks for the info. Now off to pack because I am oh so good at procrastination

Aruba since 1979
    a puff = partly cloudy
    2 puffs= cloudy

believe me, you will be praying for clouds to come by from time to time

This afternoon you would have been praying for a cloud.

I already have 7 bottles of sunscreen set aside for two of us for 12 nights and am afraid it is not going to be enough. Dh and I spend a LOT of time in the ocean so reapply frequently.

I can never EMPHASIZE enough...

• The wind will NOT prevent you from getting sunburn
    • The clouds will NOT prevent you from getting sunburn

If you are ever on the island of Aruba on a cloudy day, feel free to enjoy the beach as you would any other day.
    Make sure you stay in the shade as much as you would on a sunny day and apply sunscreen just as you would if there were not a cloud in the sky.

The UV rays will reflect through the clouds and off of the sand and the water and without protection you WILL get burned.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    It says on the weather report that it will be partly cloudy and windy all next week. Can we expect sunshine? Do the clouds usually stick around all day? We are getting there Saturday at 1.
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=AAXX0001

Take a look at the link
    "View the Detailed Extended Forecast "

Cloud Coverage forecast varies between 35-45% each day, but no matter what the UV Index stays exactly the same: 11 (Extreme)

The UV index is also the same whether the winds are forecast for 20 mph or 23 mph. FWIW, average this time of year is 20 mph with gusts about 35 mph.

The UV index is also the same whether the forecast sky conditions are Party Cloudy, Partly Cloudy/Wind or Scattered Showers.

The day that calls for scattered showers, is also calling for a 30% chance of rain. EXACT same % as the day before which calls for Partly Cloudy/Wind.

The hourly forecasts show an increased % of CHANCE of rain between the hours of 4 am to 11 am.

We leave a week from tomorrow and that was the first I have even glanced at the forecast. Scattered showers forecast on the day of our arrival means nothing to me. I am way more worried about running out of sunscreen and the one we use had to be ordered online.

GO AND ENJOY

Ok thanks for the information, I definitely don't want to miss the sunshine while down there and I was a little nervous when I saw partly cloudy the whole week!

I have 5 bottles of sunscreen packed for 2 people. if needed we will buy more when we get there! Less than 24 hours!!! :-D

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba (TNCA)
    Jun 10, 2011 - 11:00 AM EDT
    Wind: from the E at 22 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 91 F (33 C)
    Heat index: 106.2 F (41.2 C)
    Dew Point: 78 F (26 C)
    Relative Humidity: 66%

http://www.meteo.an/Forecast_ABC_Gen_Eng.asp
    "Synopsis: During the next 24 hours a relatively dry airflow is being advected over the local area. Therefore, no significant cloud formation is expected and a generally dry weather will prevail across the ABC islands."

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/imagine-yourself-aruba-today-49927/index2.html#post204718

These are surely "pray for a cloud" kind of days. There are going to be first time visitors walking around with bad sunburns.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast