Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.wunderground.com/
    lisa directed me to wunderground.com a long time ago.
    a great weather site.
    here is aruba's weather today.
    7:05 am note the wind is 0.
    one needs those trade-winds !

apparently emily is doing a good job, sucking the trade-winds from aruba.

Aruba (TNCA)
    Elevation
    108 ft
    Station Select
    Now

Partly Cloudy
    Temperature
    81 °F
    Feels Like 87 °F
    Wind(mph)
    Sunrise / Set
    6:26 AM
    7:05 PM
    Moon
    Waxing Crescent
    More Astronomy

Hurricane Emily

I've been watching Hurricane Emily and noticed that the outskirts of the storm are just north of Aruba. I know it won't make it's way to Aruba, but I know that sometimes bad weather in other parts of the Caribbean create a bit of a mess on the beaches. I'm headed there August 13th. Any chance things will get cleared up by then?

Exclamation Weather in Aruba TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by HotTamle View Post
    I've been watching Hurricane Emily and noticed that the outskirts of the storm are just north of Aruba. I know it won't make it's way to Aruba, but I know that sometimes bad weather in other parts of the Caribbean create a bit of a mess on the beaches. I'm headed there August 13th. Any chance things will get cleared up by then?

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Hmmmm I wouldn't being there today....
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/attachmen...-2011_10am.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Gosh, I am so there!!

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    Aug 04, 2011 - 10:00 AM EDT
    Wind: from the ESE at 18 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 86 F
    Heat index: 96.8 F

NO worries...

Aug 04, 2011 - 01:00 PM EDT
    Wind: from the ESE at 16 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 93 F

Heat index: 101.8 F
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.

YAY! Finally! The wind is back!

We were there last September and there were 2 days with zero wind and it was just very weird. That was probably the worst week weather-wise that we have ever experienced in Aruba. We saw a water funnel cloud (not sure what it's really called) Everyone was standing on the beach just watching which direction it was heading. Not gonna lie, I am a tad nervous that it would even be half as bad as that week.

Really hoping that the weather cooperates this time.. After that last trip I stopped saying you're always going to have great weather in Aruba.

Uh Oh, this looks bad, and we are coming in October too.

This is copied from the Chicago Tribune's weather page today. If memory serves, La Nina could mean another rainy fall ahead for Aruba. The Chicago impact, 60 inches of snow last year (150% of normal) that included a 28 inch blizzard is for more worrisome than some rain, though.

La Nina's fade-out now looks temporary; new model forecasts suggest it's likely to be back for fall and winter; La Nina winters can be volatile and snowy here

The other major announcement Monday was in regard to the potential of La Nina reoccurring. La Ninas involve cooling of the Equatorial Pacific waters west of South America. They have a global impact on the planet's weather and climate. The most recent and near-record La Nina has faded away in recent months. But, the Weather Service's CFS climate model is predicting La Nina to redevelop this fall and winter. If true, that could signal another volatile winter with more than the usual amount of snow.

Rainfall Outlook through the Third Quarter of 2011

"Sea Surface Temperatures (SST) in the tropical Pacific Ocean have continued to increase to near average values (weakening La Niņa conditions) so far through the second quarter of 2011. In the tropical Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, the sea surface temperatures are still about one degree Celsius above average levels. Both of these conditions will lead to average or above rainfall for both the ABC and the SSS islands during the remainder of the second quarter (June) and also through the third quarter of 2011 (July, August and September)."

thanks

Hello everyone,

I will be coming with my husband to Aruba for my honeymoon in December!
    What is the weaher like in Mid-December? Everything we'v read on the internet suggests a lot of rain?? We called the hotel (Buciti) and they told us it's not the better season to go there....
    Could you please help us?
    Thanks a lot!!!!

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    We went last year December 7-14 and the weather was gorgeous. It rained one day for maybe 20 minutes. I made myself crazy looking at all the weather reports before we went and they all called for rain. We had a beautiful trip and even booked it again for this December 8-15. Have a great honeymoon! You'll love Aruba! This will be our 3rd visit in 3 years

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast