Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

The weather forecast posted by Andrea at the start of this thread pretty much sums it up. November - December is what they refer to as "rainy season" - but this is usually just a sprinkle in the early morning followed by glorious days and evenings. That being said, the weather in fall of 2010 and winter of 2011 was unusually wet. We had rain 10 of 13 days when we were there in November and found that January was quite rainy as well . . . even March did not have the typical deep blue skies we usually enjoy on the island. We understand this is just cyclical - our May was georgeous . . . Michael

Aruba since 1979
    thursday aug 11 DRY, Windy, sunny
    Fri aug 12, 2 spits of rain at 7 am....then dry and windy and sunny
    sat......MOTS
    sun......MOTS
    as of now 1:40 pm, paul and i threw in the towel and said "enough" it is a pray for a cloud day. we are now showered and ready to go for a ride to bring water and food to our dear dog friends at alto vista.

i cannot stress enough to all of you just how intense the sun is.

No threat to Aruba but between that and T.S. Harvey, lighter winds in Aruba today. Forecast calls for
    "Outlook until Monday midday: Partly cloudy with a few isolated showers and an isolated thunderstorm. A weak wind pattern with variable directions are forecasted for the next 24 to 48 hours."

Aruba since 1979
    very noticeable wind reduction today!
    clouds aplenty which is great because enough is enough with the sun!!

we are concerned about travel day on thursday, noting track of storm and where we live :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

No threat to Aruba but between that and T.S. Harvey, lighter winds in Aruba today. Forecast calls for
    "Outlook until Monday midday: Partly cloudy with a few isolated showers and an isolated thunderstorm. A weak wind pattern with variable directions are forecasted for the next 24 to 48 hours."

Question How Often Do You See This

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    Aug 23, 2011 - 12:00 AM EDT
    Wind: Calm: 0
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s):0
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 82 F

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we went last year for 10 days in december, rained really bad one day and the rest was gorgeous. we're going for two weeks in december this year. last year i was told was a fluke. don't worry.

How accurate are the forecasts?, we are going to be there 9/3-10 on a very special anniversary trip (25th) and I was poking aroung monitoring weather on accuweather and on the extended forecast for that time period, at least the whole first half is indicating rain, showers, cloudy, etc. I did find another site (timeanddate.com?) that was predicting sunny for some of those same days. I know the average annual rainfall is very low in Aruba, so I'm just looking for an opinion here, if we do get rain, what are the chances that whole days or more will be ruined? I am very concerned that we just went to great lengths to reserve a beachfront table and a beach vow renewal ceremony on Tuesday, September 6th. We are both really looking forward to this trip and been under a lot of stress lately, and a complete rain out would really be bad!, we can deal with periods of rain, but whole days or more would be depressing. We really want some beach and pool time. I know no one on here is a meterologist, I'm just looking for some solid advice from residents and/or frequent travelers, especially during the beginning of September. We purposely picked Aruba due to this being hurricance season and the fact that it reportedly has low amounts of rain.

obsessed with forecast

Quote Originally Posted by SunIsland25 View Post
    We went last year December 7-14 and the weather was gorgeous. It rained one day for maybe 20 minutes. I made myself crazy looking at all the weather reports before we went and they all called for rain. We had a beautiful trip and even booked it again for this December 8-15. Have a great honeymoon! You'll love Aruba! This will be our 3rd visit in 3 years
    I think thats what I'm doing, I am reading the weather constantly and all's I see is rain and clouds for our upcoming trip in 11 days. I hope you are right and all will be well.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when we went the first time last year I did the same thing and all it showed was rain every single day. I was freaking out. it was gorgeous with the exception of the first day we got there and the next day. then it was magnificent. so beautiful that we opted to go this year for two weeks instead of shorter, lol...

please don't look at the weather. they can't predict tomorrow's forecast let alone 15 days from now.

PLEASE, please, please read through this thread.

Honest to goodness...we can tell you the weather is going to be nice.

Intellicast 10 day forecast

Important to keep in mind showers are just that. They come especially overnight and early morning, also passing clouds with some rain. They will pass and be over in 10 - 15 minutes, not enough to drive you from the beach. AND not even every day.

aug

P Cloudy

aug

P Cloudy

sep

P Cloudy

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (16.1 inches annual)

September weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 31 mph
    Average rainfall 1.39 inches (16.1 inches annual)

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast