Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

I know I am not supposed to look at the weather

I know it! I have been reading on this board and others that I should stay away from long range forecasts in Aruba. For that matter even todays weather may be 180 degrees from what they predict. But after a rainy September vacation last year I am gun shy! I want it to be nice and I hope it will. I need some encouragement to stop looking at the forecast and enjoy the ride.

Arrow

www.aruba.com/forum/f7/aruba-weather-discussion-info-reports-49367/index4.html#post210929
    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    We are leaving on Sunday (9/11) and I will not look at the weather.

I made myself crazy last yea
    r- Looked at the 10 day forecast.
    Stated- Cloudy and rainy (30%)

Thanks to ArubaLisa who alleviated my fears- and when we arrived, the entire week was beautiful. Never saw a drop of rain.

So instead of making myself crazy- looking at weather forecast (which we have no control over anyways-
    I will look forward to my week in aruba (come rain or shine)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I know it! I have been reading on this board and others that I should stay away from long range forecasts in Aruba. For that matter even todays weather may be 180 degrees from what they predict. But after a rainy September vacation last year I am gun shy! I want it to be nice and I hope it will. I need some encouragement to stop looking at the forecast and enjoy the ride.
    Outlook until Saturday midday: Generally partly cloudy with an isolated shower possible.

In weather terms, "isolated" is defined as 10%-25% chance. REMEMBER, that showers in Aruba fall mainly overnight or early morning. Daytime showers, such as the one early this afternoon on Palm beach, are brief passing showers. Right now the sun is out once again and shining brightly.

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    Sep 08, 2011 - 03:00 PM EDT
    Wind: from the ENE at 14 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: partly cloudy
    Weather: Towering cumulus clouds observed
    Temperature: 91 F
    Heat index: 103.5 F
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Well the temperature dropped this evening to 58F in NY so I can't wait to go to Aruba next Saturday 9/24...

Rain!!!

I wasn't going to check, I didn't think I had too, but why does the forecast shows all rain next week. I arrive Monday and should I be concerned. This makes me very unhappy! -Dan

Aruba since 1979
    typically the weather reports show clouds with showers

if you read thru this thread you will see your concern is shared by many.

it can be raining on one section of the island, while on another section, blue skies and sun.

best advice to give is to ignore the weather forecasts for aruba

Thanks.. I'll try haha

http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

Showers early morning and overnight are typical now during the rainy season. Highly unlikely you will have a day which is rained out.

Keep in mind 30% chance of precipitation is just that, showers, and not necessarily all day rain.

Current Aruba Water Temperature Link

Here is a link to get the current water temperature.

http://www.sea-temperature.com/water/aruba/475

use the check box lower left to get it in fahrenheit

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    Definitely don't look at the weather reports! I did last year, and every day called for clouds and rain. I made myself crazy and was even thinking of canceling the vacation. Good thing we didn't, because it rained only one day for maybe 20 minutes total, and afterwards was the most beautiful rainbow that stretched over the sea from one end to the other. We're going back in less than a month, and no way am I looking at any weather forecasts. Have a great trip!

Aruba since 1979
    EXACTLY!!!

you said it best.

Quote Originally Posted by SunIsland25 View Post
    Definitely don't look at the weather reports! I did last year, and every day called for clouds and rain. I made myself crazy and was even thinking of canceling the vacation. Good thing we didn't, because it rained only one day for maybe 20 minutes total, and afterwards was the most beautiful rainbow that stretched over the sea from one end to the other. We're going back in less than a month, and no way am I looking at any weather forecasts. Have a great trip!

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast