Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

You are so right Lisa. I was worried about the weather when we went also. It wasn't the best we've had as it was very windy and overcast the first few days, but we still managed to get sunburned (warning!! - you can get sun without the sun actually being out!!) The winds were a bit much, but it didn't bother us on the beach. I was more annoyed as I had a bad hair day every day - ha! I would like just one picture in Aruba that I looked good!! The rest of the time I'd classify as partly cloudy - some days more sun than others. Bottom line, I am going back to work today to show off my Aruba tan. Heck - you'll be in Aruba and the rest of us will be working - go, enjoy...

Aruba since 1979
    worrying about the weather is so non productive. but, what can we do, cancel our trip?
    but we all continue to make weather a concern.
    aruba is not a cheap trip.
    we all look forward to going.......hence we dwell on weather!
    i do it to although i preach not to.

re: the wind: bad hair days in aruba are all too common.
    lots of our members preach about using lots of hair products but i prefer the no stiff non rigid hair look......but there is always bad hair days when i do not lacquer or gel!

you are so right about the sun!!
    it is very deceiving as those uva/uvb rays penetrate the clouds. wearing skin protection is a must.

now go to work, show your bronzed skin off and tell the co workers that they should make an aruba plan!

sorry you are home already :-(

now back to the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    You are so right Lisa. I was worried about the weather when we went also. It wasn't the best we've had as it was very windy and overcast the first few days, but we still managed to get sunburned (warning!! - you can get sun without the sun actually being out!!) The winds were a bit much, but it didn't bother us on the beach. I was more annoyed as I had a bad hair day every day - ha! I would like just one picture in Aruba that I looked good!! The rest of the time I'd classify as partly cloudy - some days more sun than others. Bottom line, I am going back to work today to show off my Aruba tan. Heck - you'll be in Aruba and the rest of us will be working - go, enjoy...

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;221880]worrying about the weather is so non productive. but, what can we do, cancel our trip?
    but we all continue to make weather a concern.
    aruba is not a cheap trip.
    we all look forward to going.......hence we dwell on weather!
    i do it to although i preach not to.

re: the wind: bad hair days in aruba are all too common.
    lots of our members preach about using lots of hair products but i prefer the no stiff non rigid hair look......but there is always bad hair days when i do not lacquer or gel!

you are so right about the sun!!
    it is very deceiving as those uva/uvb rays penetrate the clouds. wearing skin protection is a must.

now go to work, show your bronzed skin off and tell the co workers that they should make an aruba plan!

sorry you are home already :-(

now back to the weather.[/QUOT

I am showing off my tan as we speak - ha! Regarding the bad hair days, I'm use to that. I'm just hoping for one picture of Rob and I that comes out nice!! I can tell you it really stinks to be back at work, but I'm already looking forward to next year. And I have all these wonderful things on read here for the next 355 days!!

I'm just happy I still have some hair that blows around!!!!!!!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Rainfall Outlook during the First Half of 2012

Sea Surface Temperatures (SST) in the tropical Pacific Ocean will probably continue to be slightly below average values (weak La Niņa conditions) throughout most of the first half of 2012. In the tropical Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, the sea surface temperatures are forecast to be near average levels. Despite these normally favorable conditions for rainfall in the southern Caribbean and northern South America, only average rainfall amounts are now expected in the first half of 2012 for the ABC Islands. Rainfall in the SSS Islands on the other hand is expected to be at or below average levels through the first half of 2012.

Last updated: February 21, 2012

Our own local forecaster stated last night that
    La Niņa will continue through the summer months.

Aruba since 1979
    "average" or below average would be great for nov and dec.
    so many of us have gotten rained on to excess the past couple of yrs.

What is with the weather??

I check the weather in Aruba from time to time and this week it shows on Accuweather rain and clouds for the next week! I am going in the summer, but this seems do unusual! Is this a rainy season?

Aruba since 1979
    no
    rainy season is mi fall thru mid jan

merging this thread with the ongoing weather thread
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee329 View Post
    I check the weather in Aruba from time to time and this week it shows on Accuweather rain and clouds for the next week! I am going in the summer, but this seems do unusual! Is this a rainy season?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Rain in Aruba falls mainly overnight and early morning. You may awaken to a rain shower only to have the sun out and shining brightly after 10 am, just in time to roll out onto the beach

95% of the time, any mention of rain in the forecast is the weather forecaster trying to hedge his bets that the forecast will be correct.

June weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average wind speed 20 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 37 mph
    Average rainfall .70 inches (16.1 inches annual)

July weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 79 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 36 mph
    Average rainfall 1.20 inch (16.1 inches annual)

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (16.1 inches annual)

Weather Question about the Current Rain and Light House Area

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I have posted but I have been wondering if it has been raining on the west side of the island out by the light house?

A while back I had a conversation with an older local woman who said when she was a child the west side use to be a much more lush and green area and actually had cheery trees growing.

If there has been rain and the area is sprouting out maybe you could post some pics.

Thanks and Bon Bini
    Mike

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast