Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The clouds here are inconsequential.
    The sky right now is 90% clear.

Do NOT let it concern u.

Thank you!! That makes us feel better. We just want them to have a great trip

Oh boy...I suppose maybe the weather is only bad over the Renaissance. My mother sent a picture of the black cloud that's been hovering over the hotel most of the day and it's not looking good. I'd like to change it to pray for no clouds day!

Quote Originally Posted by kerber981 View Post
    Oh boy...I suppose maybe the weather is only bad over the Renaissance. My mother sent a picture of the black cloud that's been hovering over the hotel most of the day and it's not looking good. I'd like to change it to pray for no clouds day!
    WHERE are they staying???
    Sure looks like a pretty darn nice day sitting here at my computer.

Lots of sun as evidenced by the shadows from the palapas and trees. LOTS of people on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor.

Would not mind floating around the pool there at the Radisson right this moment!

Lots of people on the beach at the Radisson, and you can see the shadow from the palm tree on the concrete "board walk".

Click on ANY of the thumbnails below for an enlarged view.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.

The low pressure system which brought showers to Aruba yesterday has now moved off to the northeast. Because of this large system, right now in Aruba there is very little wind and it is more humid than normal.

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    May 06, 2012 - 03:00 PM EDT
    Wind Variable at 5 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 miles
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 84 F
    Relative Humidity: 74%

Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    WHERE are they staying???
    Sure looks like a pretty darn nice day sitting here at my computer.

Lots of sun as evidenced by the shadows from the palapas and trees. LOTS of people on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor.

Would not mind floating around the pool there at the Radisson right this moment!

Lots of people on the beach at the Radisson, and you can see the shadow from the palm tree on the concrete "board walk".

Click on ANY of the thumbnails below for an enlarged view.
    They are staying at the Renaissance Aruba in Oranjestad. As luck would have it - seems it's one of the few areas that still had hovering storm clouds. I'm hoping they've passed by now!

2 Looping Satellite Sites

Here are 3 sites which give a very good display of the weather

This the a fixed view
    http://www.myweather2.com/satellite/...GULF_OF_MEXICO

and this you will have to move the the area you want and then zoom in. When you zoom out to a global view it is amazing to see all the moisture. If you look today 5/5/12 you can see the storm over Japan that had tornadoes

http://www.accuweather.com/en/aw/national/satellite

The weather in Aruba is not really a low pressure system but part of the trade winds getting blown over to south america. The interaction of the jet stream in the US is actually dipping down far enough to peel off moisture and run it back to the NE as shown below.
    http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-avn.html

I believe one of the other reasons for this much moisture out of Africa this early and so intense is that parts of central Africa are reaching 120 F and up, so the really hot air over a very warm Atlantic is making for not so normal weather.

Just in case you were interested in the tornado in Japan.
    http://earthsky.org/earth/rare-torna...japan-on-may-6

Don't for get if it rains out by the light house it may be blooming wonderful! :-)

I just don't know, Andrea is staying at the Renaissance and she is not online so I am thinking she is still on Ren island... she posted a bunch of photos and some video from the island, the latest about 2 hours ago and it sure looked awfully nice Without her permission I won't post the photos here, but please take my word for it, I have no reason to lie.

Sorry your mother is not enjoying her vacation because of the weather.

The weather explanation says,
    "
    Synopsis: An area of low pressure over the Southern Caribbean Sea will cause the development of cloudiness and showers over the regional area. Locally some of these showers will be heavy and cause some minor flooding. The wind will gradually weakens and couple with humid air to result in a warm and muggy condition. Especially in and around showers the wind and sea surge could temporarily increase. Therefore bathers, occupants of small boats and owners of beach facilities should be aware of this situation."

BUT Aruba's forecast for tomorrow says only 10% chance of showers. Like I said, Andrea will check in. Otherwise, imo, the best thing to do is go with mother nature and advise your mother to TRY to enjoy the vacation the best you she can with what mother nature offers up. Hopefully like Andrea, your mother was able to enjoy some time on the beach today.

I know last June our weather was far from perfect and there were a lot of days we had more clouds than sun, and some long showers, BUT our dd still got her normal sunburn and dh, as you can see in my avatar, still got himself a dark, dark, tan in all of those clouds. We did not let a few clouds ruin our vacation.

Thank you for your messages! The clouds/rain aren't ruining her time - she's made it to the spa and done some shopping. When life hands lemons...! But nevertheless we are praying for some sunshine (which she may already be getting) You've all helped a lot!

Aruba since 1979
    i have my ipad on ren island and yes the weather was/is gorgeous.
    we had a 45 second downpour at around 1:30.
    then back to being gorgeous.
    if your mom had no sun today, she was not on aruba ;-)

lisa go pls go ahead and post some of my fb photos.
    my copying using ipad is terrible (my skills)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i have my ipad on ren island and yes the weather was/is gorgeous.
    From Andrea's photos today...

Looks like the iguana enjoyed the day at the beach as well

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast