Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

I NEVER wear hats, except in Aruba. I pull my hair back in a pony tail during the day and wear a Aruba baseball cap. Last year was extremely windy and I was getting really frustrated at night as I like to wear my hair down. I compromised with pulling the sides back in a clip - that worked. It was tired of it blowing in my eyes - and drink - ha! Don't worry - everyone is having a bad hair day in Aruba so you just go with the flow - so to speak!

Should we be worried?

This is our first time flying through Miami and I am a bit concerned about this new yet to be named storm out in the atlantic... I am used to Hurricanes and their unpredictable nature I live on the coast just north of the Outer Banks of NC but flying through Miami has me a bit worried...Please tell me I am being looney!!

Aruba since 1979
    They are not predicting anything yet. When r u traveling!

Aruba since 1979
    per our local weather channel (bay news 9) they are predicting that mass of weather off of africa to develop into a tropical storm and move to lesser antilles by the the weekend, and maybe on sunday turning north west.

i would keep checking www.wunderground.com

we leave from coastal VA on Monday morning and fly out of Miami at 11ish Monday....i know i play with fire going this time of year... but I love that all the US has gone back to school and its generally pretty quiet!

Keep an eye on it, but that is a lot of worrying for an entire week. There is MUCH that can happen between now and next Monday.

Out of about 20 weather forecasting models, there are only two which show the wave heading over Florida.

Most models predict the storm heading south of Florida, over or even south of Hispaniola.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Looks like that tropical depression should be far enough to the west by Monday morning that your pilot, if need can easily fly to the east of the storm.

I would start packing!

I would be more worried just flying through Miami than the storm possibility. We have met several people and have friends who have had several hour delays, usually not weather related, when flying through Miami. We also fly from coastal Va. through Charlotte and usually arrive early.

I hate to say it; but, I, too, hate changing planes in Miami. I hope that you have nothing to worry about; but, above, all, when you get to Aruba you will be glad you got there.

Ed

Flying through Miami on Monday may now become an issue.

I would weigh your options and begin thinking what would work best for you.

Imo, I would monitor the airline website more than the weather forecast. The airline is going to be the one to decide whether or not your plane takes off the ground.

Assuming you are flying American, they already have a special alert http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...avelAlerts.jsp
    Miami is not yet on the list, but it looks like they are changing tickets within a 6 day window, free of charge for destinations already affected.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-22-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast