Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/AW.html
    what i see is 30% chance of showers somewhere on the island over the next 4 days.
    that is very typical.
    do not be concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrudM75 View Post
    Has it really been raining there much lately? The weather forecast has been showing a 30-40% chance of rain almost everyday for about a month. I really hope it's not true!
    04-10-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Got back last night. Weather was great. The 7 days we were there - No Rain!!! Don't watch the weather reports online. It will drive you crazy. Last time we checked before we left, it said Mon-Thursday morning showers - didn't see rain once!! They were right when they said windy at the end of the week though. More wind, but still able to sit on the beach with no problem. Just had to hold onto your drink at the bar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cple View Post
    We got home Tuesday evening 4/5/11. We had one small shower on the 23rd of March. Our first day on the island. We never saw rain again. It was a bit windier than usual, but the weather was great.
    Imagine yourself in Aruba today!

This week...

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba Apr 20, 2011 - 12:00 PM EDT
    Wind: from the ENE at 13 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 87 F
    Heat index: 92.3 F

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba Apr 21, 2011 - 11:00 AM EDT
    Wind: from the E at 7 MPH
    Sky conditions: partly cloudy Temperature: 86 F

Every day is the same

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba Apr 22, 2011 - 11:00 AM EDT
    Wind: from the NE at 12 MPH
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 86 F
    Heat index: 91.8 F

There were some rain showers this afternoon, but
    I see people dining on the beach at Passions this evening so all is well.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when we were going, it said rain every day & nite. it rained the first two days for about two hours each day, torrential flooding rain, then boom, sun-sun-sun. out of the two days of rain, one of those days we were able to go on the beach. don't read accuweather or weather channel. if you paid attention to their weather reports, you'd slit your wrists. it doesn't rain like they project anywhere in the world that much except maybe the amazon rain forest. if their reports were accurate, aruba would have floated away along time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    when we were going, it said rain every day & nite. it rained the first two days for about two hours each day, torrential flooding rain, then boom, sun-sun-sun. out of the two days of rain, one of those days we were able to go on the beach. don't read accuweather or weather channel. if you paid attention to their weather reports, you'd slit your wrists. it doesn't rain like they project anywhere in the world that much except maybe the amazon rain forest. if their reports were accurate, aruba would have floated away along time ago...
    What month was this? Was it still during La Niña?

It seems according to
    Meteorological Department Curaçao, La Niña is kaput and rain fall on the island is back to normal.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we were there this past december, first 10 days. the first day there, torrential rains, flooding. we met a couple that had to exchange their car because it was filled with water. roads were blocked off, garbage cans were floating in the water. the next day beautiful till about 2 o'clock and then a downpour, more flooding. of course we still managed to go out at nite, lol. then nothing but gorgeous weather.

Unfortunately, besides being rainy season which ends mid January, Aruba due to La Niña, had unusually high amounts of rain in December.

There was over 10" of rain , where the average is only 2.59".

All in the past now ...

still had fun and are heading back for our 2nd trip this year only this time longer, lol......

Weather

Hi there me and my girlfriend will be visiting Aruba this thursday until the following tuesday. Can somone please tell me about the weather there because the travel agent said that this would be the best time to go and not worry about rain. However, the extended forecast showed a %60 chance of showers on certain days going into next week. We just dont want to go and get rained on the entire time we have enough rain here in the midwest. Also, we heard about cruises that go to Venezuela from Aruba any thoghts on that?

Thanks much,

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan1 View Post
    Hi there me and my girlfriend will be visiting Aruba this thursday until the following tuesday. Can somone please tell me about the weather there because the travel agent said that this would be the best time to go and not worry about rain. However, the extended forecast showed a %60 chance of showers on certain days going into next week. We just dont want to go and get rained on the entire time we have enough rain here in the midwest. Also, we heard about cruises that go to Venezuela from Aruba any thoghts on that?

Thanks much,
    See directly above in this thread.

Honest to goodness...we can tell you the weather is going to be nice.

Originally Posted by hockeymom
    Got back last night. Weather was great. The 7 days we were there - No Rain!!! Don't watch the weather reports online. It will drive you crazy. Last time we checked before we left, it said Mon-Thursday morning showers - didn't see rain once!!
    Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba (TNCA) Apr 25, 2011 - 12:00 PM EDT
    Wind: from the ENE at 20 MPH
    Sky conditions: partly cloudy
    Temperature: 87 F
    Heat index: 95.7 F
    Relative Humidity: 66%

Forecast

Monday Isolated Showers

TuesdayPartly Cloudy
    WednesdayPartly Cloudy

Skies right this second...
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Rain This Time Of Year?

Like other states this month, we have been hit with torrential rain, chilly temps and destructive winds. So, we are really looking forward to a warm, sunny climate and swimming in the ocean. I checked the forecast, and have looked at some webcams too. In the forecasts I see several days of 30% chance of rain. Is this unusual for Aruba this time of year, or has anyone travelled this time of year and experienced more rain? If there is rain, we will just have more cocktails. But, I'm hoping for sunshine.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    We were there last Oct/Nov and I believe that is considered their rainy season. We have also been in May and if I remember correctly, the forecast will always show a small chance of rain. In Oct/Nov it was unusually rainy this time around. When we went in May we had some spot showers but nothing that would put a damper on your day. We leave in 22 days and I'm not worried about the rain at all.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast