Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ***Aruba Weather Discussion/info/Reports***

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78982.html

check out this link AND the heat index is high as is the humidity.

The water temp at Eagle Beach is.....

I am here on the island now. The weather today is partly cloudy, hot & humid with very little wind. The water temp at Eagle Beach this afternoon was 85.6 (according to my diving watch). It doesn't get much better than this....

Regards,

Aruba since 1979
    http://answers.google.com/answers/th.../id/50189.html
    here a link that may be interesting reading.

my husband and i live in lakeland, fl. (part of the tampa bay area.....and about 30 miles west of Disney)
    we have lots of heat and humidity (DUH) and my arthritis has never been worse.
    i am lucky though as it is only in my neck and so far both index fingers.

this past week our summer humidity has arrived and it will get more humid too. i have been in agony and i cannot imagine what kind of pain you'd feel here or in aruba with your arthritis.
    our SUMMER weather is SIMILAR to aruba, cept we do not have the nice breezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Missou View Post
    I would like to know about the humidity index on the island. Here in Montreal, Canada, in the summer, we have days where it is over a 100F with a humidity index of 90 to 100% and no wind in sight. Those days are so heavy and painful since I have arthitis in my wrist, my back, my neck and in my knee. I am really looking for a place to live where that kind of pain will be part of the past.

Anywhere I can feel the sun and the nice aruban breeze!
    Andrea, I got the figures for Montreal by living here all my life. Montreal is at sea level, where you at an higher altitude? During these hot days, I prefer to stay inside where I can control the humidity level thanks to my dehumidifyer. It is not great and tends to be very hot but it is better than being outside. There is not a lot of wind but there are a lot of tall buildings which make things even worse. Could you tell me an average of how many brutal days there can be in Aruba and are they related the an hurricane or something?

Thanks

In 2005, we where on a cruise and stopped in the Bahamas a day before Katrina hit the island. I never felt the discomfort and the pain I feel in Montreal while I was visiting Nassau. Two days later, we were in St-Maarten where there was a lot of rain and again, I was in no pain while on the island. I guess the trade winds are very helpful.

A few years later, I spend 2 weeks in Barbados at the end of August. There was a hurricane during that time a little up north in the Caribbeans and although it was hot and humid, it was not as brutal as it can be in Montreal. Another thing, the temperature is more stable on the islands and not as high as it can be on the hottest and most humid days in Montreal.

I know it can be hard to comprehend since we are so up north, but it is true. We can have very thick clouds for days in a row with almost no wind and that raises the level of humidity very quickly.

Aruba since 1979
    [B]http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weath...160&NOREGION=1 click the link for the diagram of minimum temperatures, maximum temperatures and relative humidity.

i cannot even make an educated guess at "brutal days".
    it is very subjective.

My guess is that Montreal's humidity is nothing in comparison to Aruba.
    We spent 2 weeks in Aruba in August and there was very little wind. We found it very comfortable in airconditioning or in the water!

We spent a week in Montreal and Quebec City almost 2 years ago and you live in a glorious part of the world.
    No, i was not living in a high altitude area, i was in west suburban Boston./B]

Hurricane season is June 1 thru November. Aruba is not in the hurricane belt per se, but has had some near misses and when there is a hurricane and or tropical depression/storm in the caribbean sea, the much needed trade winds are sucked away from Aruba. Currently there is a large area of tropical weather trying very hard to get organized, north of Aruba and south and west of jamaica. my guess is that it is sucking the trade winds away as i type.

Quote Originally Posted by Missou View Post
    Andrea, I got the figures for Montreal by living here all my life. Montreal is at sea level, where you at an higher altitude? During these hot days, I prefer to stay inside where I can control the humidity level thanks to my dehumidifyer. It is not great and tends to be very hot but it is better than being outside. There is not a lot of wind but there are a lot of tall buildings which make things even worse. Could you tell me an average of how many brutal days there can be in Aruba and are they related the an hurricane or something?

Thanks

I'll start checking the weather in Aruba, Montreal and even in Barbados on the weather underground website. Thanks to you, Andrea and our discussion, I was able to come up with this idea

I know that Aruba is under the hurricane belt, that is why I am looking at Aruba as my future home . I also have heard that a hurricane does suck up the trade winds making the area under it very hot and humid.

Thanks
    Last edited by Missou; 06-06-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Colorado is fabulous for arthritis! We are at a high altitude (7000 ft), have almost no humidity, and it is constantly windy (more wind than Aruba's trade winds)...and we're out of the hurricane belt!!!

I know that there are a few states in the US that are great for arthritis but we want the ocean too.

Arrow HOT all over including Aruba...

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    Jun 07, 2011 - 02:00 PM EDT
    Wind: from the E (080 degrees) at 12 MPH
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Weather: Towering cumulus clouds observed
    Temperature: 93 F
    Heat index: 109.6 F
    Relative Humidity: 63%

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast