Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Aruba wedding

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach

Aruba wedding

Has anyone used a Mio on the beach and used Skype to talk to people in the US? My daughters wedding is in July and a few people can't make it to Aruba. I thought it would be cool for them to still be able to see her get married. Thanks, Diane

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot speak for MIO, but in aruba we facetime and skype(video) often using the wifi at the resorts (lacabana, bananas, renaissance ocean suites)

forum member liz aruba lover, uses the MIO and may be able to answer your question more appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyTraveler View Post
    Has anyone used a Mio on the beach and used Skype to talk to people in the US? My daughters wedding is in July and a few people can't make it to Aruba. I thought it would be cool for them to still be able to see her get married. Thanks, Diane

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Mio works great anywhere. The house we rent has Setar and that works half the time but I always reactivate my Mio when I go because that ALWAYS works. The charge doesn't last long, maybe an hour or two tops but it always works.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Thank you for your help. Everyone is getting so excited we have a lot of first timers going with us. LOL poor jetblue having to put up with 17 of the people going on 1 flight the rest are on another JB flight..... Thanks again for your help Diane

If you have an unlocked smart phone, you can get a sim card at the airport and the phone can connect to the people back home (e.g. FaceTime if its an iPhone, Skype or Google Hang Outs if it's Android) and the phone can also act as a wifi hotspot (like the Mio device does) if other people want to connect to the Internet.

It'll save the hassle of having to carry around the Mio device.