Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Aruban government changes rules of use for Aruban beaches?

Aruban government changes rules of use for Aruban beaches?

I've recently been made aware that the Aruban government has changed the rules of use for Aruban beaches as they pertain to time shares and resorts. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of these new changes and what the details of the changes are? The website of the timeshare property I stay at listed the following, "In order to better control the activities on the beaches on the island, the Government of Aruba has implemented a new beach policy. We will share the details with you as soon as they are finalized." This was listed on the February 2015 newsletter for Paradise Beach Villas on Eagle Beach.
    Last edited by NUMBAH1DAD; 03-19-2015 at 01:34 PM.

I guess this article sums it up pretty clearly. Thank you

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    in NJ the beaches are public. By that I mean certain towns can charge you to go on them and many do, like $10 or $15 a day. However, by saying they are public, my cousin owns a home on the beach but its not a private beach no matter how much he paid for the house. He does not own the part of the beach in front of his house (I should say in back of his house). Yes, it is more convenient for him to go on the beach and run back in the house but he can't prevent anyone from sitting on it, nor can his neighbors.

NJ says the beaches are public yet towns charge to go on them. At least in Aruba, when Aruba says the beaches are public, they mean it. They don't charge you to go on the beach. To me, that is truly the definition of the beaches are for everyone. They don't charge their citizens or tourists to use the beach. It is there for everyone's pleasure.

We go to Arashi Beach and make sure I get a palapa but I only need half of it. I never have a problem and most people are considerate and ask can they share. We always say yes and i have never heard anyone say no to anybody. By the time they are set out on the other side of the palapa, you have just made new friends.

One Aruban family were BBQ'g on their side and offering us food, lol. Of course I can't answer for hotel beach areas since we go to Arashi but I can say the people that go to Arashi are considerate and just enjoying being on the beach and the water. We use a boogie board and we've had young kids asking can they borrow it and having the time of their lives and bringing it back and so grateful.

We heard that Marriott has said they will continue business as usual with their palapas until the government starts enforcing the laws.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Will contribute to this once I am home and have time!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I always knew the beaches were public and that the hotels were not supposed to chase people away. I always thought that the hotels had the right to ask folks that were not from that hotel to not use the beach chairs which are owned by the hotel and so not public.
    I didn't know some of the hotels were chasing people off their part of the beach.....shameful !!! Especially when the beaches are public and they know it !!!
    But I do think its hilarious that the gov't says you can't hold a palapa with a beach towel (or chairs for that matter).....next time I move towels to use a palapa and someone gets mad I will just refer them to the govt !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I agree that chasing people away is shameful. However I am concerned that after 7 years of visiting, I'm going to have to worry about my belongings every time I go in the water with my family. When the kids want to go in the water, are either my wife or I going to have to stay back to guard our belongings? Has anyone experienced this? Has it gotten to the point that other visitors will remove your items from a palapa if you are not guarding them throughout the day? What about a walk on the beach or how about a trip back to the room to use the facilities? Or even more important, what about happy hour when I need to refill? Will we get booted?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Like I said, we go to Arashi Beach, which is public, not associated with a hotel. I don't bring credit cards with me and only bring maybe a 10 or 20 dollar bill. I have the rental phone and my kindle, my husband has his fishing pole. we have a cooler with water, lunch and balashi. my husband & I both go in the water the same time, I may take the car and leave and he goes for a walk for like an hour and absolutely no one is watching our stuff, never a problem. now i wouldn't leave my wallet with credit cards and an ipad there since that's a computer. my kindle is the cheapest one amazon made so the most they are going to get is a device with all the free kindle books on amazon (thank you Arubalisa for directing me to that a long time ago, love it).

So bearing that in mind, if you're actually staying at the hotel, its not a biggie to go to your room to get money if you need it. and do you really need your ipad or tablet on the beach (unless you use it to read). if that's the case, it might be worth it to invest in a kindle strictly for vacation purposes (get the cheapest one without special offers).

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Will contribute to this once I am home and have time!
    I look forward to your post. Travel safe!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast