Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Aruban government changes rules of use for Aruban beaches?

@ Andrea ...... just an FYI that you don't need a special deal to use the lounge chairs on the beach (yellow) at Moomba's. All they ask is that you are a patron of the restaurant or bar while you are enjoying the chair throughout the day. In other words, as long as you order your lunch from them or a beverage, then they won't bill you for the use of the lounge chair. It's a nice deal - just ask anyone at the restaurant for assistance. There is a also a great vendor right in front of Moomba Beach called Pair-a-dice. They set up chairs and colorful umbrellas in one line right along the water. You need to pay for those (charge is $30 for 2 chairs and umbrella for the day) but they put you right at the water line which is so nice. So those are 2 options for you - hope you have a great trip. (we'll be back on from May 9-17th so let us know if you'll still be on the island)

Aruba since 1979
    thanks chris!

we'll keep it in mind

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    @ Andrea ...... just an FYI that you don't need a special deal to use the lounge chairs on the beach (yellow) at Moomba's. All they ask is that you are a patron of the restaurant or bar while you are enjoying the chair throughout the day. In other words, as long as you order your lunch from them or a beverage, then they won't bill you for the use of the lounge chair. It's a nice deal - just ask anyone at the restaurant for assistance. There is a also a great vendor right in front of Moomba Beach called Pair-a-dice. They set up chairs and colorful umbrellas in one line right along the water. You need to pay for those (charge is $30 for 2 chairs and umbrella for the day) but they put you right at the water line which is so nice. So those are 2 options for you - hope you have a great trip. (we'll be back on from May 9-17th so let us know if you'll still be on the island)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I found the only ones that are not aware of the "palapa" situation are NOT the Aruban Citizens. They seem to know, understand and abide by the "rules of etiquette of palapas" (if there is such a thing, lol). Its usually the tourists who don't know the "rules". I have never had anyone just plop their stuff down even if the side they are doing it is not being used by us. They still always ask. But that is not at any hotel palapas, it is at Arashi Beach. I think for the most part, people would be polite but you know, you're always going to get some people that just "assume". And we all know what Felix Unger said about "assume".

Who's Felix Unger? Did he work with Captain Kangaroo and Willie Whistle? JK

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I heard that it was Pair-a-dice that brought this whole thing to a head. People were complaining that there is barely enough room to walk along the waters edge in front of the Surf Club and the Moomba due to his rentals being so close to the water. (which is true). I also heard from a beach vender that the government is talking about removing the first row of palapas and all the "close to the water" rentals from Palm Beach. Under the new recommendations, each beach vendor would be entitled to a maximum of 8 umbrellas to rent, that could not be too close to the water. This will cause even more issues will the lack of palapas at certain resorts. My understanding is that Palm Beach is there real concern.

The tourists, the Minister of Tourism as well as the judge should be able to weigh in on this one. This could have some very negative effects on the timeshare owners and resorts.

Only time will tell.

South Americans get quite aggressive when claiming stake...

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Being home renters we always use our own beach chairs. This past trip while "camping out" in front of the Radisson I went to rent an umbrella from a vendor. He had recognized me from past visits and told me I didn't have to rent one and pointed to an empty Radisson palapa and said I could use that. I got an umbrella anyway because we like to be close to the water but that was the first time I had heard such a thing.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

So don't North Americans from Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBAH1DAD View Post
    So don't North Americans from Boston.
    Oh yes we do. If someone took over my space while I was in the water I would move their things for them to make room for myself. Then, that speaker I have but only use at a very low volume......crank it up. You share my payalpa, enjoy my music. Oh, yes, and thanks for sharing your Doritos with me. May I have one of your beers?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Oh yes we do. If someone took over my space while I was in the water I would move their things for them to make room for myself. Then, that speaker I have but only use at a very low volume......crank it up. You share my payalpa, enjoy my music. Oh, yes, and thanks for sharing your Doritos with me. May I have one of your beers?
    Okay I actually did laugh out loud!

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast