Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Aruba's Cool Beach Sand

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Aruba's Cool Beach Sand

Can anyone explain why Aruba's beautiful beaches have such "cool" sand? It amazes me that the sand is never hot and is so smooth and cool on your piggy toes. Just curious if anyone has the answer to this.

I have read various explanations. The one I have settled on in my mind...

You do not wear dark colored clothing in summer because it absorbs the heat. You wear light colored clothes because it is supposed to reflect the heat.

The sand in Aruba is light in color, almost white. It is reflecting the heat away from itself unlike the darker sand beaches such as those found on the east coast of Florida or New Jersey. I use the last two as references since I have burned my feet there more times than I care to remember! OUCH

I must have sensitive feet, because last visit, I oohhed and awhed all way to my Papala
    I actually stepped under a few peoples papala just to cool my feet.. I don't mean to take the beauty out of it, however, hot it hot

I think it is cooler because it is mostly Coral. It has little air pockets in each grain. This why it also sticks to your feet more.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>>> "Can anyone explain why Aruba's beautiful beaches have such "cool" sand? "
    ----- Can't answer that one but I still wear my water shoes around the resort as that hot sun can sure make the bricks around the pool area and cement walkways hot.
    Have to walk back off the beach now and then. Coffee, cold beer, lunch, cold beer, ..........
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 06-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Could be the constant breeze blowing across the sand and cooling it off just like your mom used to cool your soup when it was too hot.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts...I agree with ArubaLisa and also love EagleBeachBoys Coral story how neat is that..no matter the reason we can all agree how wonderful it is!

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Talking

Its Aruba that is why