Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By rob o

Thread: Aruba's great tap water

Aruba's great tap water

I know the tap water in Aruba is known to be of high quality and is perfectly safe to drink, and we happily drink it every year. We recently traveled to Punta Cana in Dominican Republic for a concert event, where the water is most certainly not safe to drink (by the way, Aruba is far better for anyone thinking about going there). Because of that trip, I spent some time doing homework, and was surprised to see what the CDC web site says about Aruba's water. Do you think that this is some blanket advice that they are giving for any destinations in the Caribbean?

From http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinat...ler/none/aruba:
    Drink

• Bottled water that is sealed
    • Water that has been disinfected
    • Ice made with bottled or disinfected water

Donít Drink

• Tap or well water
    • Ice made with tap or well water
    • Drinks made with tap or well water (such as reconstituted juice)

Aruba since 1979
    that is the "canned standard" blanket that is given for almost every country.

many of us know that aruba water is fabulous.
    for those that do not know, they will find out once there!

balashi beer tastes especially good because of the water.

also some of the coca cola products are bottled in aruba and those also taste better than here (florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInCT View Post
    I know the tap water in Aruba is known to be of high quality and is perfectly safe to drink, and we happily drink it every year. We recently traveled to Punta Cana in Dominican Republic for a concert event, where the water is most certainly not safe to drink (by the way, Aruba is far better for anyone thinking about going there). Because of that trip, I spent some time doing homework, and was surprised to see what the CDC web site says about Aruba's water. Do you think that this is some blanket advice that they are giving for any destinations in the Caribbean?

From http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinat...ler/none/aruba:
    Drink

• Bottled water that is sealed
    • Water that has been disinfected
    • Ice made with bottled or disinfected water

Don’t Drink

• Tap or well water
    • Ice made with tap or well water
    • Drinks made with tap or well water (such as reconstituted juice)

A tour of the water plant is an informative and interesting morning's activity. They recently changed over (or are in the process) to a reverse osmosis process from the older steam driven process.

The Aruba water treatment plant utilizes the most modern of technologies to convert sea water to drinking water. The quality of water exiting the plant is of the highest quality; I drink it without hesitation.

I have worked in the water industry since 1975 and personally know the engineer who worked on the design and construction of the plant.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    ...The quality of water exiting the plant is of the highest quality; I drink it without hesitation...

I agree. It tastes better than the well water we get at home.

I remember posting recently about Aruba's water in another thread. I love love love the Aruba drinking water and drink a bunch while I'm there, from the tap!! I hope changing to another method of desalination doesn't change it.

It's definitely better than the well water and city water at home.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We always buy 4 bottles of water when we arrive(2 of us). We then re-fill the bottles with tap water and freeze it to take to the beach or in the bag for road trips and snorkeling. Be sure to wash the bottles each time so nothing grows in them. 4 usually last but are easily replaceable.

Although the CDC site brings forth some valid points, I'm not sure any of the reasons are truly founded with respect to Aruba. I think the water in Aruba tastes great and quenches my thirst better than that here at home. We take "Tervis" style cups with us. They are great filled with water and ice made from the water on Aruba. They are also great for a cocktail by the pool.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 04-08-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    We always buy 4 bottles of water when we arrive(2 of us). We then re-fill the bottles with tap water and freeze it to take to the beach or in the bag for road trips and snorkeling. Be sure to wash the bottles each time so nothing grows in them. 4 usually last but are easily replaceable.

We do this too. We have insulated bottle covers and just slide the frozen Aruba water bottle into it for pool side sipping.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I remember posting recently about Aruba's water in another thread. I love love love the Aruba drinking water and drink a bunch while I'm there, from the tap!! I hope changing to another method of desalination doesn't change it.
    Don't worry, the desalination treatment change was made a few years ago.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com