Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August in Aruba

August in Aruba

Hey! We are planning a vacation for the second week of August (that is the only time we have off due to work schedules) and are considering Aruba. It is someplace we have always wanted to visit. Has anyone been there during August? What is the weather like? What is the risk of a hurricane?
    Thanks!
    M&G

We went once in Aug. Found it busier than when we normally go which is early December. The weather is the same year round 85-90 degrees. Aruba is below the Hurricane belt so you should not have to worry about that

We spend two weeks on the island in August and have never had a bad trip. The weather is wonderful as it is during other months of the year.

I wouldn't worry about hurricanes. We went the in August last year and it was fine. This year we are going in July.

Hi!

Aruba is officially not in the hurricane belt, occasionally one gets close, like Ivan in 2004 and Felix in 2007. No damage was done but it rained allot. Aruba gets approximately 13 inches of rain a year, most rain falls in November. You'll have a great time in August.

Thanks everyone for your help! We are considering Divi AI or Renaissance. Any suggestions?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    RENIASSANCE hands down !!! The private island is what sold us.....as you can see I am partial to the place...we own a time share. Haven't stayed at the Divi AI, heard good things about it from alot of the BB members. We personally like being able to choose our restauants, we like to location in downtown and the privacy of the private island, our family likes being near taco bell, hagen daz, sabaro, dunkins donuts, Jewelry stores ( me)....If any more 's feel free to ask. I am a big fan of the Ren....i know others will chirp in on the DIvi...

It all depends. Do you want to take a 15 minutes boat ride to get to the beach (Renaissance) or do you want to walk 2 minutes to get to the beach (Divi). Do you want to be downtown and able to shop right away (Renaissance) or do you want to take a 10 min cab drive to the city (Divi).

They are both great resorts. My preference is the Renaissance.

Went to Aruba in August of 2006 - The weather was great! Have been down in May as well and found it to be the same! PERFECT WEATHER

The only problem we had was getting down there - We are from Chicago and had a long delay in Miami due to bad weather in Florida in August.

abj
    so glad to here about the weather. i'll be there the third week in aug .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast