Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

auto fatalities in the last week

from julia renfro's facebook (she is the editor of aruba today and a member of this forum)

There have been 2 fatal accidents in the last 24 hours and a 3rd earlier in the week all results of speeding. The question is on an island just 5 miles wide, why would you need to speed? You'll get there to fast!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Same thing happened last December. I was returning my rental car to Econo at La Quinta. The lady in the office said there was 2 fatal accidents the night before and 1 a few days before. Where the heck are peole rushing to.

It's not a matter of people rushing around. Just speeding and not obeying the
    road rules.

I often go to this web site http://www.awe24.com/

You can see how often there are major accidents. The recent being on the 4 lane highway near the "Mill".

It is in papiamento but I can work out what has happened and where with the help of the "Translate" button on the top bar using IE 8.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    not to mention DUI fatalities
    every time folks on this and other forums make posts about how much they drink while on vacation and then "drive" to another place i cringe.

how many of these fatalities could be avoided by cabbing it?

if folks want to SPEED around the roads of aruba...........aruba is not made for fast moving vehicles

There was a fatality on Friday, right by the new Pos Chikito circle. Young woman passed then lost control, rolled it, and lost her life.

I can't say enough about the absolutely reckless driving on this island. So I won't say much more. Just rent the biggest machine you can afford, have all other passengers watching for incoming out-of-control vehicles, and when cresting a rise, be alert to the possibility of immediate head-on traffic. The other guy really doesn't care.

The other point is that the vast majority of collisions do not involve tourists. My Aruban friends continue to place the blame on the wrong people and I tell them so whenever they risk that theory.

It is pouring rain this afternoon here and I'll wager dollars to a bag of donuts there will be many, many wrecks.

Oh, well.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Smile

Dan, Hope you are having fun on Aruba! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Exclamation

Kent,

Thanks for the well wishes.

Sadly, another driver died today. A visitor. 4 deaths in less than 7 days.

Please, people, please... what looks like a yield sign in the US is actually a STOP sign in Aruba. And yield does mean yield. Also, those white triangles painted on the asphalt are also an indication to STOP.

Even after you stop. Look. Look again. And look again.

I know we're all excited and happy to be on the island. But driving is driving and it can be deadly.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

The last fatal accidents just happens a few ours ago between the hospital and La Dolce Vita restaurant.

Bully, one of them happened on our way to dinner one night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast