Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Automated Passport Control - New Kiosks at Aruba Airport in U.S. Customs

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Sounds great to me. I just hope that they install enough of them so it doesn't create long lines to use them.

Aruba since 1979
    Typically i do not edit folks' posts nor do I like to.
    If there is something that is inconsistent the forum rules, I ask the original poster to correct it and make it compliant.
    That being said, ~Amy~ may not have seen the 2 messages that I sent her yesterday asking her to reduce the large photo to thumbnails size.
    So, I reduced the photo myself. Something that as I said I prefer not to do as I really dislike editing someone else's posting.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We already have these installed at the Minneaplis Airport in customs and were able to use them in August when we flew back from Italy. Hopefully these will speed up the customs process when departing from Aruba. They should be in place at the Aruba Airport sometime in Dec. 2014.

More information at the following link and it also lists the airports who currently have the kiosks already in place.
    Automated Passport Control: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizen...rt-control-apc

I attached a photo and article of the new machines in Minneapolis below the Aruba info.

-----------------------------

ORANJESTAD – Aruba Airport Authority N.V. (AAA) is proud to announce the purchase of Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosks for the U.S. pre-clearance facility at Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix. Provided by Vancouver Airport Authority, BorderXpress, these APC kiosks will dramatically improve the customs clearance process for U.S. bound passengers beginning in December 2014.
    With the introduction of Automated Passport Control kiosks at Aruba Airport, the waiting times for US bound passenger can be reduced significantly compared to the typical CBP primary inspection process, lowering operating costs and improving the customs experience for US bound travelers. In Aruba, BorderXpress APC kiosks will be available to all U.S .passport holders and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR), Canadian passport holders and all Visa Waiver travelers with Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) from 38 countries not requiring U.S. entry visas, including the Netherlands, Australia, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom.
    Instead of filling out a declaration card and taking travel documents to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer, eligible passengers choosing to use APC can proceed directly to a self-service kiosk within Aruba Airport’s CBP area. Travelers will follow the on-screen instructions to scan their passport, use the touch screen to answer the customs declaration questions, receive a receipt confirming their information, and proceed to baggage claim within international arrivals. Before exiting the CBP area, travelers will only have to show their receipt to the CBP officer to finalize processing. This service is available at no cost to the traveler and does not require pre-registration.
    President & CEO of Vancouver International Airport, Craig Richmond, expressed YVR’s enthusiasm for partnering with Aruba Airport on this venture, saying: “As an airport, we understand the importance of implementing innovative solutions to help passengers get to their destinations quickly, efficiently and safely. Working with Aruba Airport is a unique and exciting opportunity for us to bring our BorderXpress Automated Passport Control solution and pre-clearance expertise to locations outside of the U.S. or Canada and improve the border clearance process for international travelers.”
    The CEO of Aruba Airport Authority, James Fazio, strongly believes that adding APC kiosks will benefit all US bound passengers, and allow US CBP in Aruba to streamline their enforcement processes: “This is the first step in a much larger project that will conclude in the coming years to stream line the passenger flow at the airport. This strategic purchase will benefit the nearly 60% of total departing passenger bound for US destinations from Aruba by reducing wait times at US CBP pre-clearance and ultimately facilitate a more positive outbound passenger experience”.

---------------------------------------------

Article about the new passport kiosk readers at MSP Airport: http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/270339901.html

Photo of the new kiosks:

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We understand!
    I am sure ~Amy~ will understand also.
    We appreciate all your time, effort, and energy you put into this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Typically i do not edit folks' posts nor do I like to.
    If there is something that is inconsistent the forum rules, I ask the original poster to correct it and make it compliant.
    That being said, ~Amy~ may not have seen the 2 messages that I sent her yesterday asking her to reduce the large photo to thumbnails size.
    So, I reduced the photo myself. Something that as I said I prefer not to do as I really dislike editing someone else's posting.

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    ~Amy~ - it'll get faster. I remember the first time I encountered one in Montreal and it was like the first time I used an ATM (decades ago). Everybody around me was baffled as well and touching the screens like they might explode. But now all the frequent fliers whip right through... you can tell the not-so-frequent-fliers because they stand at the bottom of the escalators in total confusion while the business travelers run around them to get to the automated kiosks.

It's hilarious who the provider is (Vancouver) but it went to the US terminal; the Canadians still have to line up at the other terminal.

Where's Aquaman?!? "Only in Aruba..." LOL

I know, I know... meeting the demand.

Act1966 I'm here. Are you sure that Aruba ordered the correct machines??? Are they really passport scanners?? Knowing what happens here they might have installed slot machines.

Aruba since 1979
    and i guess we all know what happened to the slot machines at the airport

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Act1966 I'm here. Are you sure that Aruba ordered the correct machines??? Are they really passport scanners?? Knowing what happens here they might have installed slot machines.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Andrea - thanks! (Been extremely busy lately work-wise and on the run most days - spending too much time in airports lately.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

It should be interesting. Because they are new and unfamiliar, the process will be slow and cause backups. The typical vacationer may go to Aruba once a year. That's not enough to get familiar with the machines. I have never found this part of the departure process to be difficult or slow. After checking in at the airline counter, you take a seat and fill in the form then a short wait to go through the Aruban process. Now the time needed to fill out the form will be spent with you standing in line.

It's what goes on after that point that takes all the time.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    If they really want to speed up departure, why don't they eliminate one of the security checks? I still don't understand why they cant have one security check manned by Arubans and Americans. Its never made sense to me. If you don't have anything in the first checkpoint, how are you going to have it at the second checkpoint?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast