Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Avis car rental

Avis car rental

We just came back from a wonderful time in Aruba, except for one problem. We arrived in Aruba and went to Avis where we had reservations made through Travelocity. I should have known there was a problem because the two people in front of me were complaining that they were being charged more than their contract rate. I presented my contract, got a receipt that had the same weekly rate on my contract. I then took the car.

When we got back to return the car, I was given the full bill that included two extra charges under miscellaneous. they totaled over $70. more than my contract rate. I argued with the woman but she said that these were new charges. She said one was for the airport for new construction and the other was for Avis for a new building. Having to catch a plane I had to leave after paying the full bill with my credit card.

Needless to say I chalenged the bill with travelocity and was told a couple of days later that Avis has agreed to refund me the $71.00 for the extra charges.

Thanks fore the heads up. Yesterday, I made a reservation with Avis for our trip in June. I will be on the lookout for the bogus charges

All the car rental companies at the airport are now charging an additional amount per day, airport tax. When we were there at Christmas Hertz added it on but didn't tell us about it when we booked. We didn't argue it but perhaps we should have?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents