Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Be aware rough seas

Saw this posted on another BB - The wind has been wonderful lately!

Please be aware of rough seas. Unfortunately a tourist from Panama died today near Bucuti. And another tourist nearly drown near Westin hotel, he is listed in stable condition. The seas are a bit rough around the island today and the coming days, please be aware, and do not under estimate the power of mother nature.

from http://www.meteo.an/

...A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL OUR LOCAL WATERS...
    Weather:
    Today through Sunday: Almost clear to partly cloudy.

Forecast high will be 32C and forecast low, 26C.
    S
    unrise will occur at 6:39 A.M. and sunset at 6:46 P.M.

Winds:
    Easterly and moderate to fresh; force 4 to 5 (20 to 39 km/h, 11 to 21 knots). During the day, at times strong to possibly near gale in gust;force 6 to 7 (40 to 61 km/h, 22 to 33 knots).
    Synopsis:
    A tight pressure gradient will continue to generate moderate to fresh trade winds across our region. This in turn has caused roughening of the seas. As a result of this, a small craft advisory has been issued. As for our current weather, there are no significant cloud formation expected over the ABC-islands.

Sea conditions:
    Fairly rough with wave heights between 2.0 and 3.0 ( 6 to 9 feet). A small craft advisory has been issued for our region. Swimmers and owners of small boat are urged to venture with caution or avoid the seas if possible due rough seas.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Arriving in Aruba on tuesday I hope this doesn't mean lots of sea weed on the beach at the high rise hotels. Staying at the Westin.

Lizzardo:

It is always nice to read your comments; especially since you are a resident of the Island.

A word of caution is always appreciated.

Ed

Waves??

I'm headed to Aruba in May and i wasn't aware that waves even existed in aruba, I thought the seas were always calm. Should my son bring is body board? I know he wouldn't be out in 6 to 9 ft waves, but if there's any waves at all we should consider this...

Waves are at the whim of Mother nature.

Quote Originally Posted by MONIQUEinJERSEY View Post
    I'm headed to Aruba in May and i wasn't aware that waves even existed in aruba, I thought the seas were always calm. Should my son bring is body board? I know he wouldn't be out in 6 to 9 ft waves, but if there's any waves at all we should consider this...
    I think you'll need to wait until just before you go to try to guess if it would be worth the trouble to bring a body board. I've never seen more than ripple waves on the resort side of the island.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Arrow Some Leeward Side Waves