Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Baby Beach

Baby Beach

My daughter has a game plan for the 27th(dbay) and this includes Baby Beach. We never really went here. Any info would be helpful. Are there any restrooms in area? Seems like you can rent a chair or something there. Will have meds so will need a cooler. Are there food and drinks trucks in the area? Just want to go for a couple hours.

Aruba since 1979
    yes there are chairs to rent as well as shade shells.
    however you may not need to rent shade as there are numerous fixed palapas and some of them have room for 8 or 10 people as they are large.
    we were there last monday and shared a large palapa with 2 other couples.

if you go on monday, it might be busy as well with school "learn to swim" groups...maybe 8 of them with about 6 or 8 kids per group getting their swim lessons!
    those kiddoes will not be on the beach but in the water.

weekends are very crowded with local residents and they get there early, like at 8 am.

yes there are restrooms and yes you can bring a cooler on the beach. i think they charge $ for restroom use.

there is a restaurant (if you care to call it that) Big Mommas and it is not great in every sense of the word.

seriously imo, it is not really worth just a couple of hours.........unless you folks are going to be snorkeling and then it is still just "ok", not fabulous.

paul and i always make a day trip to baby beach. we bring our own chairs, pack a picnic lunch. we usually stay 4 or 5 hours and do a fair amnt of snorkeling.
    this past trip, the traffic to baby beach was difficult due to road closures and us getting caught in school traffic on our way home was frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    My daughter has a game plan for the 27th(dbay) and this includes Baby Beach. We never really went here. Any info would be helpful. Are there any restrooms in area? Seems like you can rent a chair or something there. Will have meds so will need a cooler. Are there food and drinks trucks in the area? Just want to go for a couple hours.

Mighty helpful - thanks Andrea!

If you drive up the street as you leave Baby Beach you go past the anchor and there is a nice little restaurant by Fontein Cave - Boca Prins - if she's looking to make more of a day of the trip.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

My DD requested on her bday she would like to hit Starbucks for a pink drink - not sure what that means she usually gets a latte machiato with skim milk - and yes daddy knows this lol... So pink drink at starbucks, the dutch pancake house for poffertjes, then baby beach for snorkeling then lobster dinner on the water at pinchos... I like the thought she put into this request lol but after her recent report card we feel we can accommodate.

One more thing....Snorkeling. Can you rent gear at the beach or do you have to bring your own?
    Last edited by arubamark; 11-21-2017 at 11:38 AM.

I don't think so. JADS dive shop is right there, but I think they are more of dive site/scuba then a snorkel rental place.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i think JADS may do rentals
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    One more thing....Snorkeling. Can you rent gear at the beach or do you have to bring your own?

I sent them an email inquiring....

Aruba since 1979
    yup
    Mask, fins snorkel $10
    http://jadsaruba.com/prices/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast