Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I remember "back in the day" (that makes me sound old now - LOL!), when there was NOTHING at Baby Beach except for a few shade huts. No chairs, no bathrooms, no place to buy drinks/snacks, etc.

We actually preferred it that way - it was much more "untouched" and beautiful.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Taking off my moderators cap (jmho), and thinking out loud...

In my mind, for a clean bathroom, a permanent facility and an attendant would most likely be required.
    • salary- attendant assigned to the bathroom, being paid a "living wage"
    • upkeep/maintenance- I imagine the facility would require a septic tank which requires emptying, enabling use of toilet paper to be "flushed"
    • supplies- toilet paper, disinfectant, paper towels, etc.
    • utitlities- water, electricity, air conditioning
    Anything less than the above would quickly become dirty and lead to complaints of uncleanliness, bugs and worse and we would be right back to the beginning of the above original post.

Place one of these types of facilities at Boca Grande, Baby Beach, Rodgers Beach, Eagle Beach, Palm Beach, Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach, Boca Prins, ...

And, once built they would need to be manned and maintained regardless how much they were used, how much would you pay to use the "facilities"

A set fee per use- 25 cents, 50 cents, $1, $2. More ?
    Institute a fee for use of a Aruba National Marine Park ? similar to the fee schedule presently used in Bonaire as detailed below
    The price of Marine Park tags for SCUBA divers charges $25.00 for a year pass or $10 for a day pass.
    Swimmers, board sailers, and all other users of the Marine Park are now required to have to pay US $10.00 for a year pass.
    Tag receipts go directly to and are used entirely for the management of Bonaire’s National Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We actually preferred it that way - it was much more "untouched" and beautiful.
    Maybe that is why we like Boca Catalina so much?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We are obviously "spoiled" having access to such pretty much anywhere we go in the States/Canada. You made some good points Lisa! Get it at one beach, they'll want it at all...

Aruba since 1979
    my moderator cap is off for this next sentence:
    do folks pee in the ocean?

cap back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my moderator cap is off for this next sentence:
    do folks pee in the ocean?

cap back on.

LOL, of course they do!!

Lets just hope that's all they do ;~0

We were on the Jolly Pirates last week and right after the bbq lunch - not bad for a snorkel boat- the captain said "the bathroom is now open" and pointed to the ocean. It was quite a sight to see about 30 people jump in the water and use the facilities-actually a lot better than the boat's marine toilet

not to be a brat, or to cause trouble AT ALL...just wanted to say remember where Baby Beach started, it was just a little area for the local families of the refinery. It's wasn't designed to be commercial and that's one of the most beautiful aspects of the area

Re: Jolly - funny - they usually say "the pool is now open"
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I could be wrong,but I was under the impression that the baby beach was a privately owned entity.

Maybe someone could confirm this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast