Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All beaches in Aruba are public property and may be used by one and all.

What concession the vendors have I do not know.

Aruba since 1979
    baby beach is public
    depalm island is private
    renaissance island is private

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    I could be wrong,but I was under the impression that the baby beach was a privately owned entity.

Maybe someone could confirm this?

We were there yesterday. After reading this, I am glad we did not have to use the facilities. Hopefully, there will be a change soon.
    Next Aruba trip in

Junior Member SittinUnderAPalmTree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    It however is not unusual to see signs in the BR's telling you not to put paper in the toilets..It is very common on many of the Caribbean Islands.
    I have seen this in MOST of the Caribbean islands to which I've traveled. Signs in Jost Van Dyke even go as far as saying, "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down."

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On our visit to Baby Beach in March, the bathroom was open, we were not charged to use it, and it wasn't too bad for a remote facility! We found other out-of-the-way places with the "no paper in the toilet" signs --- not really a problem considering where they were! :-) (they were a combination of toilet/outhouse!!!)
    Sometimes anything is better than nothing at all! LOL
    Last edited by Windy; 07-22-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I remember a "bathroom" in Italy -- walked into a cement room with a hole in the middle of the floor!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    I remember a "bathroom" in Italy -- walked into a cement room with a hole in the middle of the floor!!!!!!!!
    I experienced the same thing when I was in Italy near Assisi - hole in the floor with a board on each side to stand on. LOL!

I'm also used to seeing signs in the bathrooms telling you not to put paper in the toilets.....very common when traveling to islands or to Mexico.

I guess when I travel to foreign countries I don't expect it to be like the U.S....and I don't want it to be either. If I wanted the U.S. then I would have stayed in the U.S.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    I used a bathroom on a train ONCE from Holland to Belgium....an actual physical toilet was there to sit on, but no piping-just a hole straight to the tracks! I went running, in horror, to my mother waiting outside, at the age of 24, because I had never experienced such a thing! We definately take the usual accomodations in the US for granted - it's only natural

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Yeah, you guys are all making me want to travel...Right Back to ARUBA!!! Wow!

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Haha sunnysmiles! That was the only strange thing on my week long trip, everything else was superb! : )

But I do think I would take Aruba over anywhere else anyday!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast