Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    I used a bathroom on a train ONCE from Holland to Belgium....an actual physical toilet was there to sit on, but no piping-just a hole straight to the tracks! I went running, in horror, to my mother waiting outside, at the age of 24, because I had never experienced such a thing! We definately take the usual accomodations in the US for granted - it's only natural
    Ha ha, yeah, the trains are (were?) like that, I remember. As for toiletpaper in the trash can and not in the toilet, there are several places in the US, where there is older plumbing, where that's requested as well. Do realize though, that we are really lucky with all the available and free toilets in the US/Canada, my Dutch guests marvel about those every time!

  2. #32
    Senior Member Windy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I experienced the same thing when I was in Italy near Assisi - hole in the floor with a board on each side to stand on. LOL!
    I have a strange feeling that we visited the same place!

  3. #33
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    I have a strange feeling that we visited the same place!
    I remember that it was in Assisi. Same place for you as well?
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  4. #34
    Senior Member Windy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Posts
    617
    QUOTE=~Amy~;181116]I remember that it was in Assisi. Same place for you as well?[/QUOTE]

    Well, it was in the mid-60's, so the memories are a little blurry! but we did go to Assisi, so it could have been the same place!

  5. #35
    Senior Member dipeblnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161
    after thinking about this for a while... I live in a resort city with very packed public beaches and we dont have public restrooms...you either use your hotel (if you are staying at the beach) or trek to a dairy queen (only if you are in the vicinity) or you hold it... or ofcourse pee in the ocean... I am not sure why we would expect so much from a public beach in Aruba...especially Baby Beach with no hotels... here if you go to the North End of our beach there are no hotels so you are on your own... I'm just saying...shewww I feel better now!

  6. #36
    Junior Member mizpahlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    too many to mention
    Posts
    3
    I am planning to go to the Baby Beach next time I have my vacation but because of what you had experienced I think I need to check on other beaches...

    Good thing there is a forum...

    Truly,
    mizpahlouise

  7. #37
    Senior Member Windy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    after thinking about this for a while... I live in a resort city with very packed public beaches and we dont have public restrooms...you either use your hotel (if you are staying at the beach) or trek to a dairy queen (only if you are in the vicinity) or you hold it... or ofcourse pee in the ocean... I am not sure why we would expect so much from a public beach in Aruba...especially Baby Beach with no hotels... here if you go to the North End of our beach there are no hotels so you are on your own... I'm just saying...shewww I feel better now!
    No bathroom where I swim either! Some of the bigger beaches here (Falmouth, Cape Cod) have bathrooms, but I use a friend's private beach on busy weekends, and there's no bathroom, no house! It's a few minutes' drive to my MIL's house if needed. Baby Beach, with it's funky fascilities, would be spoiled by too much "improving". It's a beautiful spot.

  8. #38
    Senior Member sunnysmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by mizpahlouise View Post
    I am planning to go to the Baby Beach next time I have my vacation but because of what you had experienced I think I need to check on other beaches...

    Good thing there is a forum...

    Truly,
    mizpahlouise
    You'll be missing out on a gorgeous beach if you skip it! Just don't plan to stay all day.

  9. #39
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    You'll be missing out on a gorgeous beach if you skip it! Just don't plan to stay all day.

    Gorgeous beach & amazing snorkeling!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach
    Posts
    4
    I love Baby Beach, don't get me wrong (and don't expect bathrooms ), but "great snorkeling"? I'm always disappointed at the snorkeling. You have to battle major current and lots of air bubbles and the fish are not that spectacular. There is a school of reef squid, some parrot fishes and trigger fishes, but you have to be adventurous and really go out to sea to see better fish and that's sometimes scary. I think the snorkeling is much better at Arashi or Malmok without the current.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO