Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balashi Beer

I believe the shipping is EXTEMELY expensive. Let us know how you make out when you return.

I know I plan on bringing back as much Amstel Bright from Bonaire that US Customs will allow AND my dh can CARRY! Don't worry , he volunteered! We have the advantage though of not having to pack it in our luggage since we are not flying.

I was thinking it would be expensive to ship back also, what is cheap in Aruba? I guess I will have to double up on my Balashi intake for the week to make up what I can't bring back.

1st time to Aruba. Can't wait to taste the Balashi beer everyone talks about. May have to ship some home.

You will love Aruba and you will love Balashi! Win / Win situation.

hi everybody,

i'm a customs broker in boston and i can tell you it will be expensive to ship your balashi back to the states. keep in mind that you will not only have to pay for the air freight but you will most likely need to use a broker to clear it through customs. (some customs offices will allow you to clear it yourselves some won't.) some states require an "import license" from the ABCC, there will be duty assessed as well as internal revenue tax. you'll
    also have to satisfy the FDA's requirements for food importation.
    (yes, even if it's for personal use they get involved...)
    your best bet is to carry back what you can under your personal exmption!

Quote Originally Posted by TERIK View Post
    hi everybody,

i'm a customs broker in boston and i can tell you it will be expensive to ship your balashi back to the states. keep in mind that you will not only have to pay for the air freight but you will most likely need to use a broker to clear it through customs. (some customs offices will allow you to clear it yourselves some won't.) some states require an "import license" from the ABCC, there will be duty assessed as well as internal revenue tax. you'll
    also have to satisfy the FDA's requirements for food importation.
    (yes, even if it's for personal use they get involved...)
    your best bet is to carry back what you can under your personal exmption!
    Great update to this thread! Thank you for your input. Looks like I will just have to make everyone carry some in there carry-on.

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    In the Netherlands we can even get them in the bottle's. And there even cheaper than on Aruba. But there's one thing wrong when you drink a Balashi at home, you open one, take a zip and dream away, you open your'e eyes............. YOUR'E NOT ON ARUBA BUT AT HOME

My latest order

Now that's not right! We might have to look in to shipping costs from the Netherlands.

Can you carry it on? How much for one person?

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Now that's not right! We might have to look in to shipping costs from the Netherlands.
    You can always try, why not

I order it here: http://www.enjoyaruba.com/caribbeandrinks/

Have a go!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast