Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By BeastMode335i

Thread: Bank Of America customer looking for ATM to deposit cash.. any tips?

Bank Of America customer looking for ATM to deposit cash.. any tips?

Hello all, just curious if there are any bank ATMs near the Aruba Surf Club that I can deposit cash into my account with? I'm a bank of America customer back in the states, but forgot to deposit cash for our stay at the resort which only takes cards..

Thank you!
    Shane

You may need to ask the hotel if there is a Western Union type place nearby. I am thinking you would have better luck sending a wire transfer.

Aruba since 1979
    the surf club does not take cash?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
    Hello all, just curious if there are any bank ATMs near the Aruba Surf Club that I can deposit cash into my account with? I'm a bank of America customer back in the states, but forgot to deposit cash for our stay at the resort which only takes cards..

Thank you!
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Or credit cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Well I just got here on my honeymoon yesterday, and I brought a decent amount of cash because I remembered last year when we came it seemed like I always needed cash and barely used my card. We're staying at my mom's time share here at the Surf Club, but they wanted me to put a card on file to charge things to, and I only brought one credit card with me and I used a lot of the available credit for my wedding this past Saturday. So I thought maybe I could find an ATM like back home that would let me deposit some of this cash into my debit account and I'd just go put my debit card on file and remove my credit card. I've never stayed at this resort so I'm not sure if they still accept cash at the on-site bars and restaurants, but perhaps I should ask first and save myself a potential trip. The consierge fella just made it sound like I needed to charge things to my card and I only have a limited amount available on there.

On our welcome paper it says the onsite bars and restaurants are cashless as of December 1st 2014, so maybe I can find a Western Union type place here. La Cabana is where we stayed last time and it seemed it was the opposite as cash was always encouraged lol.

Congrats on your wedding! Honeymooning in Aruba is the best way to start a marriage! Speaking from experience of course!

I wouldn't worry about it. I think they tell you that to make it easier and you - just charge to your room. Honestly many people don't "feel" the spending as much when they use plastic, but when you hand over cash you seem to notice how much you are spending. Use the in room safe and BE safe - don't carry too much at a time. Have a great time!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Oh, well if they are cashless, then I don't know what I'm talking about! Sorry!

But - wait - can you charge to your room & pay your bill in cash at the end?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    as jacki says, charge to your room and pay up in cash at check out.

if you are worried about maxing out your card, call the credit car company and tell them your predicament.
    ask for a higher credit iimit.

best wishes and congrats on your wedding.
    happy honeymooning

Thank you guys so much for the wishes and insight on my situation!! I really appreciate it! We're so happy to be back, absolutely love it here!