• 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By crimms
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover
  • 1 Post By hockeymom23
  • 1 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Beach Bars and Pool/Resort Bars Plusses/Minuses

Aruba since 1979

Beach Bars and Pool/Resort Bars Plusses/Minuses

Some/many of us have "favorites" and for particular reasons.

Bugaloe? Moomba? Pelican Nest? Rum Reef?

Pata Pata?

etc...........

My favorites are Bugaloe out in the water in front of the Hilton and Pata Pata on the pool deck at LaCabana.
    Both are lively, fun and the entertainment is good and the drinks awesome.
    i do think Bugaloe edges out the Pata Pata just by a hair

We like all the beach bars. The Bunker Bar at the Divi Divi has great views hanging over the water. Just buy a few drink tokens at main office if your not staying there. Its built over an old German Submarine viewing bunker. Open air with stools facing out the that turquoise Caribbean. Watching those birds diving for fish is quite relaxing.
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    And Jimmy's Bar (is that the real name?) at the Tamarijan (near the activities center)

What day does he sing?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    And Jimmy's Bar (is that the real name?) at the Tamarijan (near the activities center)

What day does he sing?
    In the past Jimmy would sing on Thursdays. Recently it has been changed to Fridays.

We feel the same way about the Pelican Bar at the Divi. Sitting there watching the sunset with a cocktail in hand after a nice day on the beach....ahhh.....157 days until I'm in my favorite seat!!! Have try some of the others suggested here too!!

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We like all the beach bars. The Bunker Bar at the Divi Divi has great views hanging over the water. Just buy a few drink tokens at main office if your not staying there. Its built over an old German Submarine viewing bunker. Open air with stools facing out the that turquoise Caribbean. Watching those birds diving for fish is quite relaxing.
    Sean and Susan
    Hopefully we'll be back in Spring 2018

MooMba. Any of you that follow my trip reports know that Pam and I love MooMba. The way we are treated is top notch every time. We and our drink orders are always remembered year after year and your next drink is on it's way as soon as they catch your eye. Often I'll look up and Roy, Mexy, Mario, Jose, Rick or someone else will be looking at me motioning if I would like another round, not me trying to get the bartenders attention. I like that. They have live music Monday, Friday and Sunday nights. They only serve bar food at the bar, duh, but it is some of the best on the beach at a good price. Try the steak and cheese sandwich. There is always a good game on TV, music and fun times when we go. We chat with folks from all over and always make friends, even if only for the night. I like that too. There is plenty of free parking, beach tennis courts and a few shops to get t-shirts, cigars and small Aruba themed things as well as the Jolly Pirates tour office. The attached restaurant serves a breakfast buffet with unlimited mimosas available, lunch and dinner under the huge palapa or with your toes in the sand.

Sandbar at Bucuti. Nice ambience, stunning views and quiet.