Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Beach footwear suggestions.

Hello All,

Another question regarding our upcoming visit to Aruba that I hope you can be of assistance. With all this snow pilling up in the great white north I cannot wait to get there!!!

We will be staying at the Manchebo Resort and I was wondering about the quality and composition of the sand beaches. I have searched the forum and found mixed answers to this question. Can you run and walk up and down the beach area barefoot with nice deep fluffy sand? Is the sand hard packed and would be better suited to running shoes? Or is the conditions varying and water shoes a good go between option. I am trying to simplify packing options and would like to know what most people use.

Thanks for all of your opinions and comments.

Cannuck Jay.

Aruba since 1979
    deep fluffy sand on the beaches of aruba

NOT daytona-like.

sometimes water entry is questionable on some spots along eagle, druif and palm beaches and watershoes are necessary.........but NOT often.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Flip flops, sandals...probably won't need water shoes unless you are planning to snorkel off some other sites

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "...probably won't need water shoes"
    ----- Manchebo has a great sandy beach. Won't need them for the beach but I wear them around the resort, sitting at beach bar, going back to room, eating lunch, ....
    >>>> "Can you run and walk up and down the beach area barefoot"
    ----- In June you can. But there has been some beach erosing going south to the ABC/CDM beaches so might need something on your feet at those beaches.
    By June hope most of the beaches will be back to normal as that is when we go.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Sand is soft and clean for walking, running might be better on the firmer sand at the water's edge. I just wear flip flops to get to the beach!

The best thing for your feet on our beaches is SLOW.

Walk slow and watch the sand settle under your feet and the water squeeze up between your toes so SLOWLY. Walk slow - take your time - you aren't flying all the way down here to run all over the place. Try to remember every step and how that step feels. If there is someone walking next to you ask them how their last soft step was.

Stop once in a while and grab a hand full of our heaven - play with it and toss it into the air. It promises to fall back to earth, trust me on that. Some beaches might even have a diamond ring or something similar dropped and lost in it http://bb.visitaruba.com/f36/grains-sand-15552/

Aruba's' beaches, every little grain is a gem. Take your time and play with them and walk on these millions of soft gems - sit on them and watch the ocean - lie down on a bed of our sea-side diamonds and look up. Watch the world float by as its' tied to the clouds.

That is how you walk on our beaches....

Not with things on your feet but you walk on them real SLOW

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Aruba since 1979
    what a wonderful story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what a wonderful story!!!