Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By GETA62
  • 2 Post By arubabob

Thread: Beach Improvements

Beach Improvements

Re-posted at Andrea's request.

Sorry I cannot post the link, but this is part of an article from "the Morning News"

"...The three targeted areas are Baby Beach in San Nicolas, which is often frequented by vacationers, Surfside, on the eastern end of Oranjestad, adjacent to the airport, and the bay at Cura Cubai, at the western end of San Nicolas, which is rarely visited, but offers excellent conditions for many water activities.

The Surfside area is a popular place with islanders, particularly on weekends. The area to be developed is between the Plaza Turismo and the airport, and is actually a part of the second phase of development of the Aruba Linear Park. This will eventually stretch along the coastline, from the Reina Beatrix International Airport to north of Malmok and beyond Palm Beach. Minister Sevinger signed the official agreement for commencement of the second phase of the park two week ago.

All three beaches will be groomed and landscaped with increased foliage and parking areas. Concession stands for water activities and snacks will be added, as well as public sanitation facilities, adequate refuse containers, and reinforced piers for fishing boats at Surfside and Cura Cabai.

Minister Oduber cited the many advantages of improving these areas, which convinced the government to propose the projects and Parliament to approve them. The benefits will be both to visitors and the community in general. Part of the plan entails arranging with several of the cruise ships to deploy these beaches for their passengers when calling in Oranjestad Harbor. This will relieve the congestion that often occurs along Palm Beach, where the shorefront is already crowded with hotel guests. By directing the vast number of single-day visitors to these attractive, empty beaches, the vacation experience will be improved for both cruise ship passengers and stay over visitors. ..."

At the present time, you can rent chaises and shade from vendors at Baby Beach

There are some free shade palapas as well

Click on thumbnails to enlarge
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-02-2013 at 12:51 PM.

A few years later, promised improvements are coming to Surfside Beach

Photo taken June 6, 2015
    Beach Improvements-dsc_0052.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    ​did u take this photo right before landing?

It kind of looks like a photo of a post card?

I wonder if Surfside will become a big draw for cruise ship passengers? I've recommended that area to friends for Reflections and Barefoot, but having other facilities will make it even more appealing.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Great picture!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yes, I took the photo as we were landing. Photo is 100% mine.

https://www.facebook.com/OtmarEOdube...type=1&theater beach there being replenished

Does anyone have any information on the new facility at Arashi Beach? Does it include showers, rest rooms and changing facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Does anyone have any information on the new facility at Arashi Beach? Does it include showers, rest rooms and changing facilities?
    As of 3 weeks ago, wveryrhing was still closed.
    Looks like there are showers, restrooms and something like bar.
    People who renting chairs also have no idea where it's going to open.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Love what they are doing with all the beach areas and linear park. Access and rest room facilities at these areas will allow many of us older and slightly disabled the opportunity to visit these areas. It will also make it better for islanders. When my sis and BIL join us in Aruba, we can not go to any areas that don't have facilities nearby because my BIL had severe Crohn's disease and had his large intestine removed. He still has problems and cant get far from facilities. Kudos to the Aruba planning commission.