Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Beach Palapas and Lounges @ Your Resort?

Aruba since 1979
    it is also very very good for people to "share" palapas.

there have been times at lacabana and at renaissance island where we have shared.

We have often shared too. There was a cruiser who had skin cancer and needed out of the sun, so we invited them over and got to know a really nice couple. I actually am the only one under the palapa. My husband likes to bake.

Aruba since 1979
    we are usually only half in our palapa as well as we are "half baked "

sharing is a good thing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    We have often shared too. There was a cruiser who had skin cancer and needed out of the sun, so we invited them over and got to know a really nice couple. I actually am the only one under the palapa. My husband likes to bake.

We stayed at Casa Del Mar once and were never able to get beach shade, so we set up shop at the pool and just walked over to the beach.

At LaCabana, we've never had a problem finding an open Palapa in August. By 8:30-9am the front row, maybe front 2 rows are usually taken. Security comes around and checks empty palapas and if there is no one there for 90 minutes they will remove belongings to allow someone else to use it.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    god only knows how some of the resorts are "allowed to charge $" to rent a spot.
    my guess is they are being "rented" the chair.

I'm thinking that's how they get around it. They are renting you the chairs. When we reserve at Hilton either day before, morning of or reserved our towels are out and on the chairs probably before 7:00 a.m. way before the beach gets crowded. Never had a problem getting some shade in all the years some may have been in the last rows along the walk but hey how far is the water anyway. Ever been to Wildwood, NJ with that wide beach from street to water?

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post

We took the plunge and got the Holiday Inn credit card to get Platinum Elite status. I confirmed by email woth the resort that our palapa will be reserved for us for our entire stay based on our status. I'm not quite sure if we will have any say in where it is, but it's only 2 days and they are all pretty close to the water there.

Tracey, on your first afternoon go to the towel hut located on the beach. Mention you name, status, etc. and the guy will let you look at a map and pick your palapa for the duration of your stay. We usually pick one between Sea Breeze and Moomba. They are a few right in front of the smaller pool and offer more privacy. When you arrive be sure to use the platinum priority check in line located to the far left of the reception desk and make sure you ask for a room upgrade. If they offer you a choice of rooms, pay attention to phrases like "ocean view" and ocean front". Last time they offered us an ocean view that was ready or we could wait a while for ocean front. Needless to say we opted to wait (had a couple of drinks at the Oceanside bar) and were pleasantly rewarded with what has been our best room/view ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, on your first afternoon go to the towel hut located on the beach. Mention you name, status, etc. and the guy will let you look at a map and pick your palapa for the duration of your stay. We usually pick one between Sea Breeze and Moomba. They are a few right in front of the smaller pool and offer more privacy. When you arrive be sure to use the platinum priority check in line located to the far left of the reception desk and make sure you ask for a room upgrade. If they offer you a choice of rooms, pay attention to phrases like "ocean view" and ocean front". Last time they offered us an ocean view that was ready or we could wait a while for ocean front. Needless to say we opted to wait (had a couple of drinks at the Oceanside bar) and were pleasantly rewarded with what has been our best room/view ever.
    Great tips, Walt. Since it was only 2 nights we paid for oceanfront from the start to make sure we got it. The cost really wasn't much different so it just made sense. I will keep that in mind for next time. It's our first time back at Holiday Inn in about 5 years. This palapa assignment could be the thing that takes us back there regularly in the future. I like the idea of not having to wait in any line.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

We also stay at Divi Village and it is first come first serve for beach palapas as well as at the pool. Usually we just stroll down after breakfast and take whatever is left over. We usually don't have a problem getting a few chairs and sometimes we manage to snatch a palapa. I don't really have a problem with it, my only grip is when I see towels on chairs and watch and never see anyone using the them, which are ALWAYS under a palapa. It happens on the beach as well as the pool.......I just dont get why some people feel it is okay to snatch them and then feel its okay to go to the beach, or shopping, or out to eat, or whatever and assume it is ok to then come back 4 -?? hours later and still expect their stuff to be on the chairs. I have seem other folks c/o to management, and have watched management take the stuff off the chairs and put them in the restaurant to keep for the owners....who came and were really ticked off.....why ?????
    ok, sorry on my soapbox for a moment.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

At PBV, we used to get Palapa , but -to get one- you have to be at the beach at( areyou ready??), 5-6 am, to get one in the first row,...I wake up early, so we don't have a problem with this... but- by 7am, or later- you gonna have a "problem" with shades

At Playa Linda my hubby gets up very early to get a palapa. It is then ours for the day. We usually have been sitting in the same spot and have met a very nice large family of guests who are there the same week we are. It has been just heavenly. If it was up to me to get down there that early it would be a problem. I usually go down about 7:30 and we stay most of the day. I love the fact you can stay on the beach so long. The wind keeps it cooler and the sand is not hot like other caribbean spots. It is just the perfect sand, water and all else wonderful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast