Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Beach Palapas and Lounges @ Your Resort?

  1. #21
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,618
    At Divi AI I used to save my palapa very early in the morning and there were always the save people each day getting theirs. It was like being a member of some kind of club (lol). Even though I am still up before sunrise for my morning walks I prefer not to get a palapa these days. Our room is always the same and steps away from the sand/beach and huts so I plant my lounge chair right outside of my room/patio on the grass. I face the beach and huts so get the same scene as everyone else. When I need shade I simply step onto my patio which is nice as I keep all my "stuff" on the table there and go in and out of my room. My DH is not a beach person so is usually on the patio reading.

  2. #22
    Senior Member AUA1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Posts
    669
    And we noticed it is very windy in front of the bar and around the pool area. We tried sitting there once and couldn't take that much wind. We appreciate the breezes, but it was down right windy. I'm sure it depends on the weather at that particular time, but just something to check out.

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, on your first afternoon go to the towel hut located on the beach. Mention you name, status, etc. and the guy will let you look at a map and pick your palapa for the duration of your stay. We usually pick one between Sea Breeze and Moomba. They are a few right in front of the smaller pool and offer more privacy. When you arrive be sure to use the platinum priority check in line located to the far left of the reception desk and make sure you ask for a room upgrade. If they offer you a choice of rooms, pay attention to phrases like "ocean view" and ocean front". Last time they offered us an ocean view that was ready or we could wait a while for ocean front. Needless to say we opted to wait (had a couple of drinks at the Oceanside bar) and were pleasantly rewarded with what has been our best room/view ever.

  3. #23
    Senior Member AUA1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Posts
    669
    We don't mind the Holiday Inn "reservation" system. We would take turns in line and everyone talks with each other. Having the IHG rewards card and credit card, we'll have the weekly reserved palapa. Hopefully, we'll be back soon to use it!!

    We don't require front row "seating", so sometimes we'll park ourselves under the palm trees for the day, which provide plenty of shade.

  4. #24
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    28,793
    the few times that we stayed at the holiday inn (back in the late 1990s) we always plopped ourselves under the palms and found them to be perfect shade area.
    (watch out for dropping coconuts)

    while at the beaches in aruba, we do spend very little time in the lounges and on the beach.
    we are IN the water, swimming or sitting on our noodles for sometimes hours at a time.

    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    We don't mind the Holiday Inn "reservation" system. We would take turns in line and everyone talks with each other. Having the IHG rewards card and credit card, we'll have the weekly reserved palapa. Hopefully, we'll be back soon to use it!!

    We don't require front row "seating", so sometimes we'll park ourselves under the palm trees for the day, which provide plenty of shade.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,184
    This post reminds me how important palapas are to us. It really is one of the things that draws us to Aruba. They are so easy. We require shade and love our beach time. The little tables around them are perfect for drinks and keeping things out of the sand. Having an easy reservation system is important to us. I hope to see more of the hotels go to the online system like the Hilton and Hyatt have. We like to be in the first 2 rows to get a water view but will do pretty much anything to avoid waiting in a line.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,443
    I agree with you Tracey. I would do anything to avoid waiting in lines. I hate lines of any type, at any place, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This post reminds me how important palapas are to us. It really is one of the things that draws us to Aruba. They are so easy. We require shade and love our beach time. The little tables around them are perfect for drinks and keeping things out of the sand. Having an easy reservation system is important to us. I hope to see more of the hotels go to the online system like the Hilton and Hyatt have. We like to be in the first 2 rows to get a water view but will do pretty much anything to avoid waiting in a line.

  7. #27
    Senior Member marblehead paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    marriott casino
    Posts
    120
    Like most of the beach people.Taking my coffee and laptop down to the beach at 6am i sit at the palapa till 7am till security logs you in.Then go to breakfast and go back to sit there for the day.At Costa Linda this has been working for the past few years.
    From Marblehead ma.Every Jan stay at Costa Linda.For last 20 years.

  8. #28
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    And we noticed it is very windy in front of the bar and around the pool area. We tried sitting there once and couldn't take that much wind. We appreciate the breezes, but it was down right windy. I'm sure it depends on the weather at that particular time, but just something to check out.
    The area I'm speaking of is in front of the Sea Pool between the Sea Tower and the Sea Breeze restaurant, there are only a few palapas in that area, so it's a bit more private and very close to the rooms in the Sea Tower. The winds are not quite as strong in this area. http://www.holidayarubaresort.com/re...resort-map.htm

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    55
    In late May it is never a problem at La Cabana. We wander down around 8:30 or so and take whatever is available, and it's fine. Same with Amsterdam Manor when we stayed there. We cannot imagine paying. or getting up at the crack of dawn, to sit on a beach. As a skin cancer patient many times over I should probably avoid it altogether, but the palapas make it tolerable.

    Rhys

  10. #30
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,301
    I agree Rhys - I can't imagine paying either, but that's just because I've been spoiled by Eagle Beach
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO