Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beach Police as per July 1

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Beach Police as per July 1

Amigoe ~ Google translation:

Beach Policy as per 1 July

Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 13:46

ORANJESTAD - After years of preparation it is finally finished; the announced of a beach policy by Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber shall enter into force on 1 July.

In a press release sent out is indicated by the Ministry of Tourism that was recently agreed at a Cabinet meeting that the new beach policy directly comes under the portfolio of the Minister of Tourism. Three weeks gathered Management Infrastructure and Planning (DIP), committees appointed by the minister and Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA). Last Wednesday, a meeting was held with all the stakeholders who will be able to control the new rules include water sports, tour operators and hotels on the beach and sea. The controlling parties are Public Works Department (PWD), Directorate of Shipping, the beach police and the maritime police. During that meeting, the date for the introduction of the new beach policy was mutually agreed on.

Clarity and enforcement

The new beach policy aims to provide clarity to hotels, water sports and tour operators about what is and is not allowed on the beach. It gives enforcement agencies such as the police, but also the opportunity to hand out fines, the rules could be violated. According to the press release, the beach policy based on reports and suggestions that have been made and approved by the Council of Ministers for a period of two years. Informing the parties and the handling of legal issues were the reasons for the delay. The fact is however that the run-up to stricter guidelines for placement include palapas, beach bars, kiosks and massage huts on the public beach by hotels and plots, process and sell of watersport and tour lasted much longer than two years. Already at the beginning of the first reign of the cabinet Eman was Minister Oduber announced that new, would be stricter rules for entrepreneurs on the beaches of Aruba.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/224030-s...uli-van-kracht

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    I know it's a translation, but----what? Are the new policy rules published anywhere?

I haven't seen any, but I think it's a little early for that. They've been talking about these new beach policies for months. I'm sure we'll hear more as we get closer to July.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

It is the same rules that the government passed early last year. I am glad they are finally going to enforce these new rules. Here is the thread on it from March of last year
    Aruban government changes rules of use for Aruban beaches?

a friend told me that folks that are not associated with any hotels for instance must now attach (for lack of a better word) themselves to them...for example, the windsurf shop that is for divi village, the tam and dutch has some competition from a small entrepreneur up the beach closer to the dividivi....they are supposed to now move their hut down close to the windsurf shop. When I was there in november and I asked him about it he said nobody is enforcing the rules so as long as nobody pushed they aren't going to move.....lets see what happens now that they had another meeting........
    not to be negative...but I wonder how much depalm tours and red sail sports influenced that rule ??????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Why I think it is a terrific idea and hope that the government follows through on enforcement
    Beach Police as per July 1-palmbeach.jpg

Palm Beach has become very crazy- with a few exceptions...The new color of the Hilton is awful IMO.

Last edited by schexc; 04-25-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    From the 4/21 Aruba Daily.
    unfortunately I cannot enlarge it enough to read

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    unfortunately I cannot enlarge it enough to read
    Same, and I can not find it online. Can you post a link schexc?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast