Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach Policy

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach

Beach Policy

Has anyone seen a marked difference with the Beach Policy re:Beach Vendors since July 1st? Just interested if Palm Beach got better/worse or the same?

I was there over the 4th and it was exactly the same as when I was there in April, if not worse. Time will tell if things have changed or will change. I read on another site that the GM from the Hilton responded to a patrons email saying that things would change and within the next couple of months. Here is hoping something changes. I arrive in about 2 weeks and will post what I see then.

We are there from September 6 on for 10 days. It will be interesting to see if any enforcement is visable.

I'm sure the policy taking effect July 1st means you'll see change a few months from July 1st.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What is the beach policy?

Aruba since 1979
    from a prior thread

Amigoe ~ Google translation:

BeachPolicy as per 1 July

Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 13:46

ORANJESTAD - After years of preparation it is finally finished; the announced of a beachpolicy by Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber shall enter into force on 1 July.

In a press release sent out is indicated by the Ministry of Tourism that was recently agreed at a Cabinet meeting that the new beachpolicydirectly comes under the portfolio of the Minister of Tourism. Three weeks gathered Management Infrastructure and Planning (DIP), committees appointed by the minister and Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA). Last Wednesday, a meeting was held with all the stakeholders who will be able to control the new rules include water sports, tour operators and hotels on the beach and sea. The controlling parties are Public Works Department (PWD), Directorate of Shipping, the beach police and the maritime police. During that meeting, the date for the introduction of the new beachpolicy was mutually agreed on.

Clarity and enforcement

The new beachpolicy aims to provide clarity to hotels, water sports and tour operators about what is and is not allowed on the beach. It gives enforcement agencies such as the police, but also the opportunity to hand out fines, the rules could be violated. According to the press release, the beachpolicy based on reports and suggestions that have been made and approved by the Council of Ministers for a period of two years. Informing the parties and the handling of legal issues were the reasons for the delay. The fact is however that the run-up to stricter guidelines for placement include palapas, beach bars, kiosks and massage huts on the public beach by hotels and plots, process and sell of watersport and tour lasted much longer than two years. Already at the beginning of the first reign of the cabinet Eman was Minister Oduber announced that new, would be stricter rules for entrepreneurs on the beaches of Aruba.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/224030-s...uli-van-kracht

Aruba since 1979
    see post #6 and especially the last paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by irish1223 View Post
    What is the beach policy?

Thank you, Andrea!

Aruba since 1979
    you are most welcome

Okay recent travelers, anyone see a difference or is it the same old, same old?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast