Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Beach replenishment and vitalization project in Palm Beach starts June 11

Beach replenishment and vitalization project in Palm Beach starts June 11

A dredging project will start June 11th and close sections of Palm Beach between Playa Linda and Holiday Inn over the next 6 months. Information in this post copied from https://q.bstatic.com/data/bsuitewf/...c95d228499.pdf

A map is available on that site.

Dredging NoticeDear Valued Guest,Here on the One happy island of Aruba, we always strive to enhance our guests’ experiences and do so bycontinuously improving our environment in order to make sure visitors and locals can enjoy our pristinebeaches for years to come.Therefore, we would like to inform you that a beach replenishment and revitalization project will beginon Monday, June 11, 2018. This project is beneficial to our beaches and our environment, as it willensure that our beaches remain a preferred choice of many travelers.In the interest of public safety, the dredge area will be divided in sections, as shown in picture below,during the project. The sections will be temporarily closed to the public during dredging operations.Guests will still be able to enjoy our wonderful beaches since the project will be carried out only onesection at a time. The purpose of this project is to give our guests the utmost beach experience bymaintaining its clean condition.We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of progress.Should you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at +(297) 594.5684.Yours sincerely,Varadero Aruba

I am glad my upcoming trip only has 1 day at the Playa as I would not enjoy that experience for my entire vacation. I am hopeful that its a non-issue but even if it is I am only there 1 day.

Aruba since 1979
    The dredging was done at Surfside and was quite successful and not inconvenient in the least I was told.

Thats good info, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The dredging was done at Surfside and was quite successful and not inconvenient in the least I was told.

They do dredging and beach replenishment at our beach. They usually close a block at a time. It's interesting to watch. In the past, there were a few WWI and WWII munitions that were dredged up.

There was a false rumor that some of the chickees/palapas would not be available during the project, however Yvette (the concierge at Playa Linda) cleared it up to say all WILL be available. I wanted to put this here in case any of you see that misinformation on other sites. It sounds like the only inconvenience will be walking a little further from some of the chairs to get in the water.

A person on the playa Linda page emailed the company doing the dredging and got the following response. This is a copy and paste. I did Not contact the company, so I am taking another person's word for it. A map of the sections cn be found from the link on my original post.

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your email and expressing your concern. June 19th we are starting with fase A1 , as you can see on the photo below, while we dredge the first fase, A2 will be open for
    public use. All chickees will remain open while we dredge.

This the dredging schedule:
    Start date (mobilization): 11 – 18 Jun 2018

Playa Linda section A1 19 Jun – 9 Jul

Playa Linda section A2 10 Jul – 30 Jul

Moomba section A3 31 Jul – 27 Aug

Holiday Inn section A4 28 Aug – 18 Sep

Holiday Inn section A5 19 Sep – 9 Oct

Holiday Inn section A6 10 Oct – 30 Oct

Project completion (demobilization): 1 nov – 8 nov 2018

If any other concerns or questions feel free to contact me,

Best Regards,

cid:image003.png@01D3F1F0.B9EE65D0