Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Beach Restrooms

Beach Restrooms

Hi,

Not sure where to post this, so I will start here. My wife and I and another couple will be coming to ARUBA in 2 weeks. My wife and I have been before, first time for the other couple. The other wife has MS, so we have to make special arrangements so that she can enjoy herself too. We have rented a car so we can get around easily.

We want to be able to visit lots of beaches and snorkel different spots. I have made a portable canopy/sun shade that will fit in my luggage so she can stay out of the sun. Does anyone know where we can buy (or rent ) some beach chairs for the whole week we are there? Also which beaches have rest rooms? I really want her to enjoy her trip. She rarely gets a change to go anywhere. We are staying on Eagle beach, so we have that one covered. If I remember correctly Baby beach has some facilities, but can't remember about the other ones.

Hope someone can help me out with these questions.

Thanks

John

2 weeks to go.

Aruba since 1979
    good questions
    I do not know if Arashi Beach has any restroom (port o potty-like) facilities.
    DePalm Island and Renaissance Island, both private , but both offer daily admission, have restroom, changing and showering facilities.

My guess is that all along Eagle and Palm Beaches, the only restrooms available are the ones that the resorts provide for their guests, usually around their pool areas.

Chairs can be bought at any of the hardware stores and at the Certified Mall.
    I do not know of a rental program for beach chairs.

You may not have to use the shade thing that you made if you find a nice shady spot under a tree (watch out for coconuts!)

Quote Originally Posted by jkeusch View Post
    Hi,

Not sure where to post this, so I will start here. My wife and I and another couple will be coming to ARUBA in 2 weeks. My wife and I have been before, first time for the other couple. The other wife has MS, so we have to make special arrangements so that she can enjoy herself too. We have rented a car so we can get around easily.

We want to be able to visit lots of beaches and snorkel different spots. I have made a portable canopy/sun shade that will fit in my luggage so she can stay out of the sun. Does anyone know where we can buy (or rent ) some beach chairs for the whole week we are there? Also which beaches have rest rooms? I really want her to enjoy her trip. She rarely gets a change to go anywhere. We are staying on Eagle beach, so we have that one covered. If I remember correctly Baby beach has some facilities, but can't remember about the other ones.

Hope someone can help me out with these questions.

Thanks

John

2 weeks to go.

If you go to Palm Beach, near the end of the pier where Bugaloe is there is a restroom with a lady that keeps it pretty clean, you just pay a quarter or 50 cents or something like that each time you need the facility. It is next to Red Sail Sports. That would work if you were near Radisson. If you are near the Moomba area (between Holiday Inn and Mariott) that may be a better area as there is parking not too far from the beach and they rent chairs and umbrellas. There are also bathroom facilities nearby. Just throwing out other options.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

When we were at Arashi in December there were NO restroom facilities.
    There are no restrooms at Boca Catalina or Catalina Cove either.
    There are no restrooms at Rodger's Beach, Bachelor's Beach or Boca Grandi.

Depending upon the design of your sun shade, it may not hold against the winds. Yesterday's sustained winds during the day were over 20 mph. When we were there the 6th-16th, winds were rarely under 25 mph and we had gusts over 35 mph.