Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Which beach should we go to?

Aruba since 1979
    you are correct act!!! that beach is public although the chairs are privately owned.

there is much debate too about the shade huts. some claim that since they are permanent structures on public beaches they are up for public grabs.
    others say that they are private, just like the chairs. i honestly have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    They can't kick you off the beach only the chairs - it's public!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiwun View Post
    We tried Manchebo today but got nabbed by the chair police. I asked if we could use our own chairs but got a "no". We ended up driving up the road a bit and found a bit of beach we could enjoy. The water was amazingly blue!
    I think that it depends on who is working there at the time. When we stayed there last Feb., there were people who used the beach area every day with their own chairs. Some were even able to sit under the palapas if they brought their own chairs. They should have, at least, allowed you to sit under the trees with your own chairs. The beach is public.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiwun View Post
    We tried Manchebo today but got nabbed by the chair police. I asked if we could use our own chairs but got a "no". We ended up driving up the road a bit and found a bit of beach we could enjoy. The water was amazingly blue!
    Sorry to hear about your Manchebo experience I've never had a problem using our own chairs. They shouldn't have done what they did. I'm happy that you did find a spot to enjoy your day.

Here is my recommendation for Palm Beach: Go to the Moomba Beach Bar and Restaurant. This is a very casual and relaxed restaurant located on Palm Beach in between the Holiday Inn and Marriott. They have yellow lounge chairs on the beach which they will provide to you FREE of charge as long as you purchase a drink and/or meal from them at some point throughout the day (great deal - and their food and drink prices are very reasonable). There is also a private chair & umbrella rental place in front of Moomba Beach called "Pair-a-Dice". They rent 2 chairs, small table, & umbrella for $30 for the day and they set the chairs/umbrella up at the very front of the beach on the shoreline - GREAT LOCATION. To get to Moomba Beach, drive along the main road in the direction of the California Lighthouse. You will pass by "Rat Land, and then ust after the PALM BEACH PLAZA (and before the ACQUA Building) take the turn to the LEFT. Take your next RIGHT (you will see a sign for MOOMBA BEACH) and this road will take you in behind the Marriott Surf Club and curve around to the left. At the end of the road (where it meets the beach) you will see a large parking lot on the LEFT for Moomba Beach - you can park here for free. Walk through the entrance of the Moomba Beach Bar and Restaurant and tell anyone there that you want to spend the day on the beach and plan to order food/drink from the bar and they will tell you wear to go to get the yellow lounge chairs. If you prefer to use the PAIR-A-DICE rental tent, just walk forward to the beach and just before the water (near the docks) you will see their rental tent with the chairs and umbrellas.

Here is another tip: Along Palm Beach, if you drive along the road with all of the resorts, there is an alley between The Occidental Resort and the Hyatt Resort. This alley gives direct access to Palm Beach and there is a good amount of free parking there. So grab a parking spot, and walk towards the beach. There are several public chair and palapa rental places in that area of the beach between the Hyatt and Occidental resorts. As you walk towards the beach, the sales guys will typically approach you to ask if you want a chair...but if you don't see anyone, you can simpy ask any of the people in the various tents set up to sell water sports and they will tell you who to ask for palapa and chair rentals.

Have fun in the sun.

That is great advice- wish we had it last week. It took us three tries and asking someone before we found the Moomba Beach parking lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12