Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beach Theft

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Beach Theft

So yesterday someone who lives here got robbed on Arashi, same thing as I did. She was a young girl who told us she works six days a week and decided to relax on the beach. The other couple who got robbed last year were with us on the beach. We told her about us last year. So when the police came, they told her this has never happened before. She pointed to us and said those two couples got robbed last year separately. She said they didn't respond to that. But our thief was thoughtful because they didn't take our keys. They waited for the police. All their clothes were in the car. They had to have a locksmith come. We left at 4:30 and they were still there.

So my lesson is, thanks for recommending the Kyss bag. Everyone has to realize, you wouldn't leave your stuff on a beach here (I'd never do that on the jersey shore beach). So don't think cause you're on vacation you can do it there. Oh, and they were at the Same palapa we were.

Love love love my Kyss bag.

First let me say that I cannot stand a thief and stealing it's a terrible thing. But I also think that we need to be clear when talking about a robbery vs. Petty theft. Robbery is a violent crime against a person where you are physically threatened and your items are stolen from you. Theft is a property crime where things are stolen. I hate to read that these things are happening and I'm glad that people are doing things to protect their property but I also think that that is an important difference to make.
    I hope that no one here has to suffer either either of these crimes while enjoying Paradise. But as we know these types of things do you happen so being vigilant is all we can do.

I am sorry for their loss and I am sorry for yours as well, that stinks! That said, both are actually thefts, neither of you were robbed. Robbery involves force or the threat of force. The the Kyss bags are a great idea.

Tracey, great minds think alike. You were quicker typing your thoughts though, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    snatch and grabs.....terrible.
    thieves are everywhere

there are numerous threads about keeping your property secure on the beach from thieves that want to grab and run.
    we lock our stuff up using the pacsafe while on the beach in aruba or in st pete or clearwater.
    we also lock our stuff up on a cruise and even here at home while we are in the pool.
    one never knows!

never ever, leave your stuff unlocked....it is an invitation to thieving toads.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    So yesterday someone who lives here got robbed on Arashi, same thing as I did. She was a young girl who told us she works six days a week and decided to relax on the beach. The other couple who got robbed last year were with us on the beach. We told her about us last year. So when the police came, they told her this has never happened before. She pointed to us and said those two couples got robbed last year separately. She said they didn't respond to that. But our thief was thoughtful because they didn't take our keys. They waited for the police. All their clothes were in the car. They had to have a locksmith come. We left at 4:30 and they were still there.

So my lesson is, thanks for recommending the Kyss bag. Everyone has to realize, you wouldn't leave your stuff on a beach here (I'd never do that on the jersey shore beach). So don't think cause you're on vacation you can do it there. Oh, and they were at the Same palapa we were.

Love love love my Kyss bag.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Yes I realize it was a theft. After spending 26 years in the court system and having a judge read the definition to the jury, I probably heard the definition of thefts about a hundred times. So I stand corrected. The thing is that extra section of palapas they added are actually away from the beach proper. And cars can actually go right up against the beach. So that's why it was easier to take your things because you don't actually go in the water right there because of the rocks. So it's like just leaving your stuff on a bar and going outside. We realized how you're inviting trouble. Not that it was her fault or anyone's but it kind of was careless on my part too. The way the palapa is and where you go in the water, no way can you see your stuff. The other palapas on the beach proper, you can see your stuff.

The Kyss bag really does give you peace of mind

Changed the title of this thread from "Robbery" to "Theft"
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    thanks jacki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Changed the title of this thread from "Robbery" to "Theft"

So sorry to hear that. We just packed our vacation vault today for our trip this week. Another great tip we got here. If somebody took my stuff I would be upset and tell people I got robbed too. I feel your pain.
    Sean and Susan

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We use our kyss bag every day when we are at the beach at home, in Aruba, or at our local pool. I can't tell you how many times people have come up to me in Aruba and told me that there was no need to lock up my things at the resort palapas. It happened again several times on our last trip, just two weeks ago. I always inform them of the snatch and grabs that I have heard about on this forum. They are always surprised, and think that no one is going to mess with their stuff because they are at a resort, but anyone can walk by and grab a bag, and probably no one would think twice about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast