Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beaches Between Costa Linda and Divi

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

Beaches Between Costa Linda and Divi

We took a walk along the beach yesterday. Here's what we observed:

Costa Linda - Costa Linda is not near as wide as last year, but still has lots of beach. 4 or 5 front row palapas were taken out by the storm. We saw 5 more further back that are roped off, due to damage.

Bucuti and Manchebo - Both of these beaches look great, maybe not as wide as before, but still nice and wide.

Aruba Beach Club- ABC still looks very bad. The water is still up high, with huge rocks lining the shore. There is a row of palapas, in some places, maybe two rows. The pilings on Ricardo's are completely exposed.

Casa Del Mar - Still in very bad shape. The beach has come back a little, and there are a few palapas that are safe to use.

Divi AI - They have the beach blocked off at Divi, and they aren't allowing people to walk in this area. They have no beach at all, just huge rocks, from the Casa Del Mar side to the bar. People were sitting in the grassy area, facing the beach. They are dredging the sand, so hopefully, things will start to improve. We couldn't see the other side of the beach from where we were standing. We could see Druif. They have some beach, plenty to sit on, but much smaller than in past years.

Aruba since 1979
    Ouch
    Mother Nature certainly did a number on CDM and ABC as well as the Divi AI beaches.
    Those folks affected by mother nature are coming up to Eagle Beach or to Surfside and renting chairs and umbrellas.
    Thank goodness they have that option.

thanks Dianne

I thought Casa Del Mar's beach was bad last November, when we were staying at the Divi. We used to walk over to Matthews via the beach but the water was up so high you couldn't. I can just imagine what it's like this year.

Thanks for reporting. This wI'll be our first stay at ABC next month. I'm happy that our room is on the Manchebo side. We've discussed renting a car longer than usual if we aren't happy with what's available on the beach. I guess we truly won't know untIL we get there. Not ideal for my type A planning gene, but it's Aruba, we will be fine.

I've been following the progres at ABC and CDM on a facebook group. ABC has trucked in a few loads of saND and has a few options for replacement palapas. They are considering adding some that can be easily removed if the water comes too high.
    It does seem the resort has been proactive in making improvements.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    WOW!!! Thanks for taking the time to walk and report the beach damage. We are supposed to be heading to Divi a week from today, although things are still up in the air if we will make it, should know by mid-week. This is not good for our beach, I don't mind sitting on the grass and that is actually where I do put my lounger right outside my patio. However, not looking forward to it if there are tons of people doing the same. Did you notice how crowded it was? With everything else going on and this news seriously wondering if we should re-book our trip for spring. Did it look like they are working on the beach at divi right now or just roped off? Sorry for all the ????? just can't picture how bad it is, sounds pretty bad.

We will be at the Divi early Dec. Hopefully all will be somewhat back to normal by then, but if not we will still enjoy ourselves after all its ARUBA!!
    Last edited by Mojo13; 11-13-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    WOW!!! Thanks for taking the time to walk and report the beach damage. We are supposed to be heading to Divi a week from today, although things are still up in the air if we will make it, should know by mid-week. This is not good for our beach, I don't mind sitting on the grass and that is actually where I do put my lounger right outside my patio. However, not looking forward to it if there are tons of people doing the same. Did you notice how crowded it was? With everything else going on and this news seriously wondering if we should re-book our trip for spring. Did it look like they are working on the beach at divi right now or just roped off? Sorry for all the ????? just can't picture how bad it is, sounds pretty bad.
    Divi definitely got the worst of the damage. There weren't many people sitting in the grassy area when we walked by. There was a dredger out fairly far from the shore. There were several piles of sand on the beach, and a man in a tractor moving the sand onto the beach. I think that most of the people were sitting up around Druif.

Thank you for taking the time to explore this for us..
    Hope you are enjoying your vacation and it creeps by

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    DH says he would probably enjoy watching them rebuild the beach, guys love that stuff. I think I imagined it worse than it probably is. One year we were there the beach was basically gone but we still had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Thanks for reporting. This wI'll be our first stay at ABC next month. I'm happy that our room is on the Manchebo side. We've discussed renting a car longer than usual if we aren't happy with what's available on the beach. I guess we truly won't know untIL we get there. Not ideal for my type A planning gene, but it's Aruba, we will be fine.

I've been following the progres at ABC and CDM on a facebook group. ABC has trucked in a few loads of saND and has a few options for replacement palapas. They are considering adding some that can be easily removed if the water comes too high.
    It does seem the resort has been proactive in making improvements.

Tracey, maybe you could drag your chairs over to the Manchebo area. They have some nice trees next to ABC with good shade. Heck, you could put the chairs under one of their palapas if you wanted to. After all, the palapas are public, as long as you don't use their chairs. I've seen people bring their own chairs and sit under Manchebo's palapas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast