Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the beaches clean?

My husband and I (newly married!) were just about all set to book an Aruba vaca for April. Then I began reading reports of sewage on the beaches, with bad smell, murky water, etc. I was last in Aruba in 1996 and absolutely loved it, but I don't want to spend so much money only to be disappointed by dirty beaches.

Can anyone either confirm that these reports are true? If so, is it really sewage, or some other phenomenon due to recent storms/tides which most likely would be cleared out by next spring? Or are these just untrue stories (there were quite a few of them, so there must be something to this...)

Thank you for anyone help....I would so very much like to return..

Hi, I was just there in Oct/Nov and the water was beautiful! I stay on Eagle beach and as usual it was stunning! Yes, there was a storm back in the middle of Oct that made some of the beaches a little murky but I think for the most part everything is back to normal. I haven't heard anything about sewage on the beaches. My advice....listen to the rest of the replies that are sure to come and book your trip to Aruba. You will NOT be disappointed.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    I am currently staying on Eagle Beach at the Oceania and it is wonderful. Clean and beautiful. Although it is quite rough today. I haven't done my usual walk down palm beach yet but this is only my second full day. My hubby went down to the Hyatt this morning to go on his dive and he said the beaches were busy and looked clean. Hope this helps!

to addWe just returned from two great weeks at the Surf Club,last week Oct. first week Nov.The weather was great BUT.....The water and beach weren't.I'm only going to comment on the Marriott properties.There is an odor,not sewage but a problem that has happened before.Its something to do with the way the ocean is suppose to clean itself,well its not ,so the solution to the problem is that the Marriott has a company coming to fix it .This company is called Sea Solutions,they have done this before and it solved the problem.I have been in contact with the resort manager Scott,and he said that this should be done before Feb.09.The only thing that i noticed when walking towards the Phoneix is the water got better and better..imop I think this problem is at the Marriott and the Holiday Inn.I hope this helped we love Aruba and you will too.If you go to the search section and put in Sea Solutions there is more about this company.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 11-24-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: to add to post

been 11 times in the last 9 years,the beaches never disapoint,enjoy,and congratulations

danny is right about the marriott beach it's had an odor for a long time

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    I am going to be there in January with my husband and family. I do hope it clears up by then. We are staying at the Marriott Surf Club.

The only problem with the water from first hand reports here is in front of the Marriott properties. All other beaches are just fine.

I was in Aruba during Omar. The beaches took a beating. The beach in front of the Marriott had lots of seaweed and a terrible odor. The rest of Palm Beach also had Palapas down but the Hotels fixed most of that very quickly. The Beaches in front of the Tamarin, Casa Del Mar and the Divi had alot of erosion. BUT, this happens as a result of a storm. The hotels clean up the areas and Mother Nature returns the sand to the beaches. I would say that most of the beaches are very clean and back to normal. The Marriott properties still have a problem with their beach but it sounds like they are working on it.

I just got back (11/22) having been there for a week. I stayed in the Eagle Beach area (Aruba Beach Club) and it was beautiful as usual. The water was a little rough towards end of week because we did get some rainy weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are the beaches clean?-beach.jpg  
    Peace, Joy & Laughter to you! Maria ...
    Handcrafted Jewelry & More
    Beaded Beauty of TX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast