• 2 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 2 Post By wanda
  • 2 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 4 Post By wanda
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: beaches at divi and tam

beaches at divi and tam

Hi all, We will be going to Aruba this Sunday and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the beaches are at the Divi and Tamarijn. I know that year to year the weather and surf determines how big the beaches are and if they are terribly rocky etc. I guess that i'm so excited about going, I just wanted to know ..... I heard that the divi beach is 1/2 its large size and waves lapping at the beach bar??? wow...anyone knows that would be cool, otherwise i guess i will just have to wait....

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    HI Wanda - just returned from Divi after 10 day stay, the waves have calmed down quite a bit at beginning of stay (Thanksgiving time) waves were in fact coming up to the beach bar in the evening, very strange and a first for us. The waves were huge all the time we were there, could even hear the waves pounding the beach at night while doors were shut, again a first. Sadly the waves kept me out of the ocean my entire stay which was very sad. The beach is half gone but towards the beach bar itself coming back. It made the people of the beach more closely knit than normal. I walked the beach to the Tam each morning and of course the beach and rock situation worse at that end, at least my piggie toes got to enjoy the ocean (lol). One morning I walked the opoposite way towards the high rise, it was amazing how calm the water was until I got to Matthews near Divi then the waves got crazy. I am hoping the beach will be larger and the waves smaller by the time you arrive. Either way you will have a great time, you can always go into the pool. Changes regarding the beach/water happen as quick as overnight lots of time for the good or bad. Just have a fun time and hope you write about your fun!

Thanks for the info DiviDiviFan... lucky you having a 10 day stay. We only get a week, but its at the Divi so happy for that.. we only like to stay at the Divi or the Tam. Had stayed at the hi rises many years ago, the Americana and Holiday Inn..Divi Phoenix was just a shell. But love the beaches and intimacy of the Divi and Tam. Going this Sunday, but can't help myself wondering how the beach, water and surf is. We were there in April but it was super windy, definately got sand scrub! We never have gone this later in the year, usually mid November, early December.. once right after New Year. So anxious and exicted I guess. I can't get over the fact the waves were coming up to the beach bar.. but it changes day to day. Just love the island and the people, can't get better than that! Sorry to hear it was too wavy and beach is missing parts, but mother nature works mysteriously.. I get nervous too, if the waves are too big, so hopefully i'll get my piggies in the water too... thank you again.. very nice to hear from you! All the best...

We were at the Divi Thanksgiving week as well. Our stay started the Monday prior to the holiday. Waves were relatively calm and the beach plenty wide. Then as DiviDivi said the waves started coming fast and furious. Waves were splashing up a good 20 feet onto the beach while the waves themselves were at least 4 feet high. I ended up going to the pool the last few days. One thing about the beach there, it can be calm in the morning and crazy waves in the afternoon. You never know what Mother Nature will do.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    To get a little taste of Aruba, here is the Divi & Tam FB site:

https://www.facebook.com/DiviArubaEs/?fref=ts

thank you all for so much information! Its so nice to meet people that have the same likes as you. I guess Aruba runs in our blood, once you go there nothing else really measures up. Again, much thanks to you all and can't wait until i can post something for you all when i return..

Aruba since 1979
    You are right, nothing else measures up.
    The aruba bar is set very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda View Post
    thank you all for so much information! Its so nice to meet people that have the same likes as you. I guess Aruba runs in our blood, once you go there nothing else really measures up. Again, much thanks to you all and can't wait until i can post something for you all when i return..