Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Beer Beer Beer Beer

Aruba since 1979
    where is tracey?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I am a beer drinking girl, at Divi I drink Balashi while DH will drink either Miller Lite or Heiniken. When we leave the resort I always drink Amstel Brights and DH will enjoy a Budweiser. At home, when I drink I have Mich Ultra I have never seen it at any restaurants in Aruba not sure if it is available on the island. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    where is tracey?
    Lobbying for legislation to reduce the price of Bud Light in Aruba.

A woman with a cause...

#BeerToo
    Last edited by act1966; 03-26-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: The hashtag makes it

Bros and Beer also has a large selection of craft beers. Great prices during Friday happy hour from 5-7, when all of them are 2 for 1.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I don't drink beer at all, but hubby likes Chill in Aruba. As far as American vs. other counties, we learned that American versions of some beers are watered down compared to other countries-every country has different standards. Hubby loves the Canadian version of Moose Light, but not the US one. We each bring a case back, when his sister comes she brings one and his friend will bring it to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    where is tracey?
    Busy day today, I'm late checking in

We like American Beer, specifically Bud Light. In Aruba, you can find most American beers at the bars and stores. We did hit a Bud Light shortage once, and had to switch to Coors Light, but we survived. Bud Lights from the grocery store comes in 10 oz cans, so if you want a koozie to keep it cool, you have to buy the tall skilly ones that are made for michelob ultra cans. There are plenty to be found on amazon. The 10oz cans aren't bad because you can drink them before they get warm with no problem. The problem is the price, case of 24, 10oz cans is around $42 in the grocery store, but that beats the convenience store price per can by far.
    Coors like comes in 12 oz cans and is about the same price.

I like amstel bright, a lot of people compare it to corona, but I don't like corona and do like Bright, so who knows. I also found that Chill is not bad as long as it is really cold and in a bottle, not draft.

My advice to beer drinkers - spend the money to buy what you know you like to have for your trip, but try other brands at happy hour to see what you prefer. Don't start of buying a case of something you aren't sure about, it just costs too much.

We are not craft beer drinkers, but have heard Local Store has good options. Madam Jeanettes also has an impressive beer cooler with many options.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Tracey thanks for the info on koozies for Mich Ultra cans, I will be buying these for home. Someday I have to try a "Chill" in Aruba but can never seem to pull myself away from Brights.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Tracey thanks for the info on koozies for Mich Ultra cans, I will be buying these for home. Someday I have to try a "Chill" in Aruba but can never seem to pull myself away from Brights.
    you're welcome, you can search "slim can koozie" and a bunch should come up.

I don't drink much beer but I forgot to mention on my trip report that I tried that new Hopi Bon beer. It was really good. Rich flavor. To me sort of like a Samuel Adams Lager.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I prefer Scotch and Bourbon while in the States. For beer, Grolsch KONAN is my hands down favorite while on the island. I just got back on Saturday and that is what I brought home. You cannot get it in the US. Lings and Super Foods are the only places I found it this time. Large cans ( by Aruba standards ) similar to our 12 oz. Expensive but very tasty and a high alcohol content of 11.6%. You DO NOT want to drink and drive. None of the Dutch bars I was in carry it. On the other side of the spectrum, I will order Polar in bars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast