Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Nope they speak english and offer to go to the highrise for 20cents cheaper than the buses, we got on them too! lol

No this was clearly just a couple in a car!

Aruba since 1979
    bizarre huh?
    glad you remembered what your parent(s) taught you about getting in a car w/ strangers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prezzacc View Post
    Nope they speak english and offer to go to the highrise for 20cents cheaper than the buses, we got on them too! lol

No this was clearly just a couple in a car!

In my own personal opinion, I find this extremely disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by prezzacc View Post
    Drugs, offered twice, once opposite the bus station downtown ... the other time on the beach (bucuti) which suprised me but they just walked along the beach saying, hash crack etc

while waiting at a bus stop, around 8pm it was dark and the road Very quiet indeed, a pick up pulled up, Aruban lady got out and came up to us and tried to get us into her pickup (driver still in the car!).

Dont get me wrong, im not trying to be down, it didnt bother us at all, the drugs etc i was expecting and a simple no was enough!

The lady in pickup incident i think was just a friendly local, and when i say tried to get us in the car i dont mean she touched us in anyway, she was stood away from us, she never tried to force us, just pointed at her car as if to say "come on we'll give you a lift"

I think Aruba is lovely and still since our trips has been the friendliest Island with the nicest people! That wouldnt change!

Aruba since 1979
    it is disturbing.
    the reason we seem to get upset and angry when we hear of these situations is because the instances are few and far between.........and when we hear of them they are just so UNlike aruba.

just saying no does seem to work.

ave been to Aruba many times; and, fortunately, never been approached for monies or anything else...except as noted above...the fliers about timeshares. Have a wonderful and exciting trip don't worry.

ed

while we were there this past week, we did not have anyone bother us, but as we were waiting for the bus near the Westin, we were asked if we needed a ride by a white van a full of men, laughing. They were not an offical taxi, asked "going downtown?' we said 'no" and they continued on their way.

another instance one morning, we were walking past the divi on the beach near "Matthew's" and saw a car smoking "the funny stuff" (you could smell it) and a security guard was just feet away....

lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

We too were there this past week and i can we werent approached by anyone this time however 2 years a go when we left the bus station to walk to senior frogs there was a guy sitting on the edge of the sidewalk asking us if we wanted any "coke" and a simple no was good enough for him. the same guy was there later when we were heading back to the station asking if we wanted heroine. that time he really tried to sell it and we kept walking and ran into the police and told him about it and he didnt do anything kept on driving. i thought that was a bit strange.

We have been approached on several of our visits, as was my college aged son and his friend, and asked if we wanted to buy any "coke or smoke". These happenned downtown at night and the seller walked away we we said no. Unfortunately, I think it is just a fact of life these days no matter where you live or visit.

Your so right jeff it really can happen anywhere...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast