Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

BENEFIT for Animal Rights Aruba

Animal Rights Aruba has had to suspend its spay neutor program due to the debt incurred at the Veterinarian's office.
    What ARA did was issue spay/neutor certificates to folks that could not afford to have their animals "neutored".
    The money has run out for the certificates and the vets are still owed a substancial sum.

I do not yet know the location of the fund raising flea mkt/yard sale.

Here is a part of the email that I received from Cheryl ( a member of our fourm and a huge animal advocate for Aruba)

cheryl ...."Animal Rights Aruba is having financial troubles - not enough money to pay
    the vet bills. All of their received donations have been going toward
    paying the vet bills - they were at $23000 florins last October and now
    they are down to $8000 florins - Kathy has been checking every now and
    again with the vet directly. They have had to stop the spay/neuter program
    until they pay off the vet and have enough cash to start it again.

ARA is indeed having a flea market on July 5. Kathy and I are both going
    to be there and we are working with the volunteers. Since taking big yard
    sale items to Aruba is not an option, Kathy and I are collecting anybody's
    old costume jewelry which will be easy to transport. I am doing some
    paintings, and we are taking other small items. We will have a couple of
    tables and ALL the money will go to ARA for the animals. We already both
    cleaned out our houses down there as they had a flea market at the end of
    May also and made about $3500 florins."

and Kathy's reply to me "
    "ARA set up a table at the Marines flea market on May 1 which is Labor Day in Aruba. The Dutch Marines has a flea market every year on this date. I guess that they made about 3000. florins.
    On July 5 they are having another fundraiser. It is going to be more of a festival with entertainment, food and also items for sale. Cheryl has been busy doing paintings to sell. We plan to set up a table with her paintings, paperbacks (they are expensive in Aruba) and some costume jewelry. We felt that the jewelry and books would be easy for tourist to pack and then donate to the fundraiser.
    I also thought that greeting cards would sell and be easy to transport. Greeting cards are also very expensive in Aruba. "

again neither one mentioned where the sale will be.
    i encourage all of you that are willing and able to donate to this wonderful cause.................time, talent or treasure.

the ARA has done some outstanding working work with the spay neutor program with cats and dogs. they have done an outstanding job educating folks about the importance of neutoring/spaying. they are the best animal rescue/education/resource in aruba.

private message me for directions to donate
    and i WILL find and post the location for the JULY 5 event.
    andrea

Does ARA have a paypal account?

Aruba since 1979
    i will ask about paypal

ty

I would like to send you some of my art..and my photography that i have for sale to benefit this cause...let me know what i need to do to get it to the proper person.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Animal Rights Aruba has had to suspend its spay neutor program due to the debt incurred at the Veterinarian's office.
    What ARA did was issue spay/neutor certificates to folks that could not afford to have their animals "neutored".
    The money has run out for the certificates and the vets are still owed a substancial sum.

I do not yet know the location of the fund raising flea mkt/yard sale.

Here is a part of the email that I received from Cheryl ( a member of our fourm and a huge animal advocate for Aruba)

cheryl ...."Animal Rights Aruba is having financial troubles - not enough money to pay
    the vet bills. All of their received donations have been going toward
    paying the vet bills - they were at $23000 florins last October and now
    they are down to $8000 florins - Kathy has been checking every now and
    again with the vet directly. They have had to stop the spay/neuter program
    until they pay off the vet and have enough cash to start it again.

ARA is indeed having a flea market on July 5. Kathy and I are both going
    to be there and we are working with the volunteers. Since taking big yard
    sale items to Aruba is not an option, Kathy and I are collecting anybody's
    old costume jewelry which will be easy to transport. I am doing some
    paintings, and we are taking other small items. We will have a couple of
    tables and ALL the money will go to ARA for the animals. We already both
    cleaned out our houses down there as they had a flea market at the end of
    May also and made about $3500 florins."

and Kathy's reply to me "
    "ARA set up a table at the Marines flea market on May 1 which is Labor Day in Aruba. The Dutch Marines has a flea market every year on this date. I guess that they made about 3000. florins.
    On July 5 they are having another fundraiser. It is going to be more of a festival with entertainment, food and also items for sale. Cheryl has been busy doing paintings to sell. We plan to set up a table with her paintings, paperbacks (they are expensive in Aruba) and some costume jewelry. We felt that the jewelry and books would be easy for tourist to pack and then donate to the fundraiser.
    I also thought that greeting cards would sell and be easy to transport. Greeting cards are also very expensive in Aruba. "

again neither one mentioned where the sale will be.
    i encourage all of you that are willing and able to donate to this wonderful cause.................time, talent or treasure.

the ARA has done some outstanding working work with the spay neutor program with cats and dogs. they have done an outstanding job educating folks about the importance of neutoring/spaying. they are the best animal rescue/education/resource in aruba.

private message me for directions to donate
    and i WILL find and post the location for the JULY 5 event.
    andrea

Aruba since 1979
    will get address for you to send your donated "goods" or checks to.

the event will be across from Talk of the Town in the big parking lot.
    10a - mid afternoon.
    remember where Marandis used to be?
    right there in the parking lot area!

Andrea, that cause touches my heart....animal lover that I am....5 dogs,(8 if you count my nephews that live on property) one inside cat, about 12 barns cats(many drop offs) and 4 ferretts.....one big happy family.
    I will be happy to contribute any way I can...just let me know.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Feel free to private message me. I am going to Aruba July 23 and have spoken with Roy Mezas (president of ARA) about helping Animal Rights Aruba with their Flea Market. I can transport small items but if anyone else is going down between now and July 5rd, it would be great if you could also transport some items. The easiest for me is costume jewelry, scarfs, CDs, DVDs. Checks can be made out directly to ARA and I am happy to deliver them. PM and I will give you my home address. The Flea Market is being held in fr4ont of the Havana Club across the street from the Talk of the Town Hotel - there will be food and music and there is a great little beach right there also so anyone in Aruba during that time is welcome to come join us.
    In regard to the vet program for a spay/neuter clinic - we did this about 2 years ago and it was very successful. We brought 2 US vets and 8 vet techs for 4 days - they spayed and neutered about 65 dogs and cats. I am working on them again and we will see what we can do. Andrea has been generous in donating her timeshare and I have two houses there that can also accomodate them along with my neighbors who donated not only their houses but a couple of cars for transportation also, last time. Bucuti hosted a wonderful dinner on the day of arrival, Jolly Pirates gave the vets and techs a wonderful sunset cruise, Moombas donated a meal and so did Tango. They also got a free submarine ride - many people were quite generous. The Aruba Bulletin/Message Boards donated enough cash to pay for the flights and all medical supplies.
    ARA and all the precious animals of Aruba need our help. If we enjoy the Island, I feel this is our small way of giving something back. Not only does it benefit the animals but the humans, as well, because animal overpopulation can be a public health issue.
    Many people tell me that they help the animals in the US and that is wonderful but a little extra to help in Aruba if you love the Island is just another way of saying thank you for the blessing of being able to go on vacation and enjoy that part of the world. JMHO...Cheryl

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!

Vet bills are our highest costs too - they add up quickly!
    Good luck w/ your event!!

We are seeing the effect of not having the spay/neuter program
    directly with the amount of animals that are seen on the island.
    We do as much as we can but there are just so many! We
    are looking forward to seeing that program start again or
    having the vets come down to help spay/neuter the cats
    and dogs. It's heartbreaking to know what kind of lives
    all these animals have that don't have homes
    Last edited by lizzardo; 05-31-2009 at 10:50 AM.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org