Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Best pool for a child

Aruba since 1979

Best pool for a child

Now that Summer is within our reach... and many families will be planning an Aruba journey:

In your opinions (or your kids' opinions) what would be the best pool and pool area for a child and let's say the age is 10.

best for organized water poolside activities?

for slide(s) ?

for numerous other kids to play with?

for adequate viewing for parents to keep a close eye on the kid(s)?

for adequate security supervision? (i know there are no life guards, i am speaking about security staff's visibility around the pool areas)

adequate shade for sun protection?

for easy entry?

i have my thoughts and most point to LaCabana. I have never been to Marriott Surf or Ocean Club pools, but my guess is there are lots of
    positive comments about those pools!

Your opinions?

Andrea, I know you wanted something for an average age of 10, but here is a general overview of the Surf club. The Surf club has several options for kids depending on age and experience. There is a fun slide into the pool where there is easy entry. There is the lazy river of course and there is a dedicated wading pool for those quite a bit younger. The Surf Club has a full day of activities planned for all ages, but I don't know if there are specific organized water activities included. We took my awesome grandson (who has been in a pool since he was about four months old) when he was not quite two and with wings and close supervision he was able to enjoy the slide, and he loved the "independence" of floating in the river alongside everyone else in their floats.

Do you happen to know if non Surf Club guests can use the pool or can a day pass be purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Andrea, I know you wanted something for an average age of 10, but here is a general overview of the Surf club. The Surf club has several options for kids depending on age and experience. There is a fun slide into the pool where there is easy entry. There is the lazy river of course and there is a dedicated wading pool for those quite a bit younger. The Surf Club has a full day of activities planned for all ages, but I don't know if there are specific organized water activities included. We took my awesome grandson (who has been in a pool since he was about four months old) when he was not quite two and with wings and close supervision he was able to enjoy the slide, and he loved the "independence" of floating in the river alongside everyone else in their floats.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    There are no day passes at Surf

There is a new splash zone for kids at the Surf Club now. There are water shooters and pad with water that randomly splashes water. The kids were all having a great time in February.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    The Surf Club has a great pool set up for kids of all ages. They even have an adults only pool with swim up bar for us older kids. We stayed there one time for a week in a 1 bedroom in October. They have an air hose to blow up pool toys with too. We really enjoyed the lazy River and adult pool. It was not crowded in October the year we went. I guess many kids are in school then plus the last building had not yet opened. I don't know how crowded it gets now, especially in the summer months. We had to wear a colored wrist band while we were there to use the pools. The rooms are beautiful. The Hyatt and the Marriot also have good pools for older kids. we have never stayed at La Cabana so cant compare.

My kids have loved the pool at La Cabana. They wish there was a swim up bar though. They think it would be really cool to sit on a stool in the pool. They love the water slide & the water fall area that they can swim through. Easy entry in a few different areas of the pool makes it a great choice for those way over the age of 10 There are always tons of kids of different ages to play with and as the kids make friends, the parents wind up making friends and it is a great hang out area.

Tropicana is where they first experienced the swim up bar. Loved it. There is also a very large slide that they just loved running up the stairs and sliding down over & over & over. There is also a water fall feature that is fun and provides some shade.

The big water park on De Palm Island was also a big hit for that age range.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Love the Infinity pool and waterslide at Divi Links. There is also a swim up bar. Keeps my 6 year old (and 42 year old hubby) entertained for hours ;-)