Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By dah13
  • 3 Post By Traceyd14
  • 3 Post By cindyo
  • 2 Post By dah13

Thread: Best Sunblock for your $$$ (Clark Howard)

Aruba since 1979

Best Sunblock for your $$$ (Clark Howard)

http://www.clarkhoward.com/best-suns...l_facebook_sfp

On this, our most recent trip we used 2 cans aerosol #30 spf Aldis brand, 1 ban de soleill #15 spf and a #30 spf coppertone lip balm.
    We did break into a large lotion coppertone sport # 50 spf , but only used a little.

Yesterday bought a new supply....6 cans of Aldis #30 spf aerosol. That will last us a month...maybe.

I'll swear by the Target Up and Up spray, 15 or 30 SPF - this past February and November were the first time in my life I didn't get sunburned! We used to use Neutrogena but found it hit and miss and not all that cheap.

Rarely ever used sunblock... and never got burnt.. but with the Aruba sun and wind I looked liked a cooked lobster.. lol
    One must use it. I used what ever is on sale and of course if I have coupons for it (for the kid) Like bogo and coupons go with it.

I used to buy nothing but Aruba Aloe but with the insane price increase have given it up. I tried Neutrogena this last trip because I have sensitive skin and we loved it. I found that a little of it goes further than the Aruba Aloe stuff ever did so found it to be a good value for the price even though it is a little more costly.

Love using affordable hypoallergenic Coppertone® Oil Free Lotion

Paradise is here and now, and yes, we're loving it, especially after heading to Ling's and getting my stock of, yes, Australian Gold, and for me, it's #4, and no, I don't burn unless I'm foolish, and yes, after 4 days I'm ridiculously brown. The Lady, uh, she's a little red, but she's not me....

We have uses the No Ad mentioned in the article but found it hard to rub in. Our go to brand is Bullfrog. We both wear 50spf all the time. I order tons of sunblock onine when I see deals. I tend to buy copper tone when BJS wholesale store has coupons. Even with 50spf we still get color. Jon wears the uv protection rash guards and I made sure my nephew has a couple for summer too. Hats are a must too. We both have skin cancer in our familis and with my history of life guarding with no sunblock it's always on my mind and we try not to take chances.
    My father in law has melanoma and it has ruined his quality of life. A small spot that starred on his ear spread and led to brain surgery. Without going into details, he now requires 24/7 care. I am sharing this because once I saw this up close and personal it really changed my view on things and habits in the sun. One of the only things he was ever able to say to me in the time I've known him was when he was struggling to get into a car and he looked up and said hey be sure to wear sunblock. Sorry for being an over-sharer but I think it is so important for people to protect themselves. Even if you don't typically burn, you should be wearing some type of sunblock.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 05-22-2015 at 07:35 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We stock up on Hawaiian Tropic at Christmas Tree Shops( a new Englander joint). Great deals and it is hit or miss there.

however... Everyone should note that lotions have expiation dates, especially these.
    Rob got the code for the expiation dates on these as they don't say date, just numbers. We dig thru all of them to find the longer dates.

on another note; when buying check expiation dates

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have uses the No Ad mentioned in the article but found it hard to rub in. Our go to brand is Bullfrog. We both wear 50spf all the time. I order tons of sunblock onine when I see deals. I tend to buy copper tone when BJS wholesale store has coupons. Even with 50spf we still get color. Jon wears the uv protection rash guards and I made sure my nephew has a couple for summer too. Hats are a must too. We both have skin cancer in our familis and with my history of life guarding with no sunblock it's always on my mind and we try not to take chances.
    My father in law has melanoma and it has ruined his quality of life. A small spot that starred on his ear spread and led to brain surgery. Without going into details, he now requires 24/7 care. I am sharing this because once I saw this up close and personal it really changed my view on things and habits in the sun. One of the only things he was ever able to say to me in the time I've known him was when he was struggling to get into a car and he looked up and said hey be sure to wear sunblock. Sorry for being an over-sharer but I think it is so important for people to protect themselves. Even if you don't typically burn, you should be wearing some type of sunblock.
    I'm with you Traceyd14. I worked in pathology in our county hospital and was able to see metastatic (cancer that has spread) melanoma in a relatively young person and it really changed my ideas about sun exposure and sun block. We always use SPF 50+ while in Aruba and always manage to get color anyway.